Menu

Dali Travel Reviews

Dec 26, 2014 09:37

Dali is a beautiful city and the things that are even more beautiful are people, diverse culture, clean and neat environment and definitely the ERHAI lake. The lake is obviously one of the central attraction of the city.I do live here but temporarily but the days here is no less than days back in ... Details

• Views: 3540
  • Compliments: 4
  • Responses: 1
Sep 3, 2010 00:27

I stayed recently for 2 nights at the Fu Yuan Landscape Hotel in Dali. This must be the worst hotel in China.The toilet didn't work and repeated calls to reception failed to achieve any repairs. The doorbell didn't work either. It seemed only member of staff spoke a word of English which added ... Details

• Views: 3881
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 2
Mar 17, 2007 21:03

Had I wronged the weather in another life ? Perhaps – but those who read the guidebooks will also note that summer is the rainy season in the province of Yunnan (云南), so it is not unlikely that you’ll find yourself under the same leaden skies that I once did, ... Details

• Views: 5901
  • Responses: 0
Sep 27, 2005 22:09

Situated on the foreigner's street of Dali old city, it is a very cosy, friendly and family type of guesthouse. If you are the shopping type, you can go in and out like 20 times a day when you dont want to lugg your goods for the whole day. Also getting to the cafes at night is convenient.
The room ... Details

• Views: 4740
  • Responses: 2
Jun 28, 2005 02:06

TRAVEL TIP: The bus to the Ancient City leaves from the opposite side of the road from the front door of the bus station in Xiaguan - take route 4.

There's supposed to be a difference between a tourist and a traveller. Essentially, the traveller is thought to be the more romantic of the two, ... Details

• Views: 4430
  • Responses: 3
Feb 12, 2005 19:02

Yeah well especially during spring festival it can be a little hard to find really cheap accommadation. And I'm talking cheap, not the 100-150 yuan accommadation that most farangs go for. The place that I found is really close to the old town and quite clean and comfortable. It consists of 2 single ... Details

• Views: 3376
  • Responses: 0
Jul 6, 2004 03:07

When you are in the neighbourhood a boat trip on the Erhai like is very nice. You can take the boat to Wase (on the other side of the lake). In Wase you can visit some old buildings and eat a traditional meal. You can also watch the fisherman do their fishing. A nice stop would be at the Putuo dao, ... Details

• Views: 3809
Mar 30, 2004 11:03

I was very lucky to be one of the first 100 western tourists allowed into Dali. I loved the area and it was a lifelong dream to see it. I had read books by the famous plant hunter, F. Kingdon Ward when I was younger, and that stirred my initial interest in the area. There was no airport and I took a ... Details

• Views: 3562
  • Compliments: 2