Menu

Yangtze River Travel Reviews

Sort by:
Mr. PHILIP JOHNSON
May 2, 2018 13:58

We have just returned from a wonderful 10 day tour in China and we wanted to say that we were very impressed by the services provided by TravelChinaGuide. [br] My wife, Susan, initially contacted Sophie Yang, who very patiently helped us sort out an itinerary to suit our needs.  ... Details

• Views: 7112
  • Compliments: 129
  • Responses: 1
Ms. SCARLLET
May 25, 2013 08:30

The cradle of Chinese civilization and the Chinese race, the Yellow River is called the Mother River, providing fertility to the land. Legend says a dragon from the river brought to the Chinese the strokes from which the Chinese characters developed, according to Clapp. There is another side to the ... Details

• Views: 2834
  • Compliments: 3
  • Responses: 1
Sep 30, 2007 07:22

One of the most popular folk tales in China tells about a ninety year old man named Yugong who inconveniently lives between two mountains. One day he decides to move the mountains and aided by his children and grandchildren, starts leveling them. It takes them a full year to travel back and forth to ... Details

• Views: 6334
  • Compliments: 4
  • Responses: 0
Apr 29, 2007 16:04

Yangtse Cruise – upstream (August 2002)

Part One

From the moment this trip was booked it was expected to be the highlight of our holiday as before very long the Three Gorges Project will be completed.

From our hotel in Wuhan we had been due to join our cruise ship, the President ... Details

• Views: 5610
  • Compliments: 1
Apr 23, 2007 18:04

Of all the factors that have worked together to fashion China into a huge land of mystery and intrigue, the tremendous influence of the Yangtze River upon the people and their culture is beyond dispute. Holding distinction as one of the nation’s two “Mother Rivers”, the Yangtze bisects ... Details

• Views: 5569
  • Compliments: 2
Sep 1, 2006 01:09

It was a sunny day when my cruise ship left from Chongqing Port –Chao Tian Gate on the 22nd of July. It was my first time to travel on a river. I was quite excited at that time. When the horn sounded my Yangtze River cruise began.

I stood on the sundeck to see the spectacular scenery ... Details

• Views: 5220
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 2
Mar 10, 2006 06:03

The temperature had been dropping for the past two days and now in the mountains it was surprisingly cool for late summer. Wuxi deep in the wild mountains north of the Yangtze on the Daning River, is home to the Lesser Three Gorges and the Lesser, Lesser Three Gorges. We arrived just before dark after ... Details

• Views: 4503
  • Compliments: 0
Feb 8, 2006 23:02

The mist, the river, the colour of the sky, nothing had changed in the morning. I walked out on deck to see a gigantic Buddha arranged on a hillside, each part of the body made out of what appeared to be a white building, connected by a series of staircases up the mountain. A tourist attraction and ... Details

• Views: 6574
  • Responses: 2
Feb 8, 2006 05:02

As Paul Theroux, the well-known travel writer once observed, "there is no Yangtze River". The river known to the rest of the world by this name is principally referred to in China as Chang Jiang, which means 'The Long River', and this is perhaps because it is China's greatest river. The Yangtze ... Details

• Views: 3750
Oct 7, 2005 03:10

This afternoon, I felt a tinge of loneliness; an unnerving sensation that I do not feel very often since leaving my own native country of Australia more than three years ago. The hilly city of Chong Qing (also known as “Chung-king” in pre-Pinyin China), is only a four hour eastward bus ride ... Details

• Views: 3926