Menu

Nanchang Travel Reviews

Mr. GREG NELSON
Jan 5, 2011 18:41

I think Nanchang is a great place. Unusually for China it has lots of trees and tree lined streets - almost boulevards - walk down Zhongshan Rd - little parks by the smaller river or in town, as well as the bustling intensity that has always been China. One can find interesting streets and markets and ... Details

• Views: 3405
  • Compliments: 2
  • Responses: 0
Dec 6, 2010 22:31

Just my view; There are a number of very average bars in Nanchang. Nearly all are Chinese "Jewbar" as they say locally, meaning you have to buy a table with a bottle of spirits before you can take a seat, and the music is very loud and very young. This is OK if your in a gang and want an all ... Details

• Views: 3673
  • Compliments: 1
Sep 15, 2006 23:09

Nanchang's not a common destination for travellers in China, neither domestic nor foreign. It receives some attention for its revolutionary history and for the Tengwang Pavillion that stands on the shores of the great Gan River, but aside from that, it is largely left alone. Part of the reason is that ... Details

• Views: 6883
  • Compliments: 2
  • Responses: 2
Sep 13, 2006 00:09

There was one significant reason why I was interested in visiting the city of Nanchang other than seeing the sights and trying the local cuisine - for Nanchang is remembered in Chinese history as the birthplace of the People's Liberation Army, and is the location of the first significant military action ... Details

• Views: 5483
  • Compliments: 0
Sep 11, 2006 02:09

Perhaps it was a silly idea from the start - leaving Beijing just as the stifling sumer heat was subsiding and heading off for Southern China, which was still frying under the sun. I'm useless on a sweaty day and find the sticky summers quite unbearable - but I'm still never reluctant to step on something ... Details

• Views: 7526
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 4