Menu

Shenyang Travel Reviews

Mr. BUDDHA
Apr 13, 2012 23:52

Nice and cosy Bar restaurant called BUDDHA BAR has just opened next to Kempinsky Hotel  on Xi Bin He Lu (Qing Nian Gong Yuan subway station exit A). Good Music, friendly and warm atmosphere. Providing draught Erdinger (only one in Shenyang) Guiness and Carlsberg as well as many other kind ... Details

• Views: 3882
  • Compliments: 1
  • Responses: 4
Mr. SUBRAMANIAM
Sep 17, 2010 09:25

I am writing this review after having a great experiance in an Indian restaurent "Champas" in Jiu wei lu (a cross road from Heping Beidajie) in shenyang. They have remodeled the restaurent beautifully and it gives a feeling of having dinner in the himachal in india (the cold weather, the songs, ... Details

• Views: 4768
  • Compliments: 4
  • Responses: 2
Jan 12, 2010 00:16

Baseknowledge:Imperial Palace in Shenyang is the former imperial palace of the early Qing Dynasty. Shenyang was the original capital of the Manchu state, the northeastern power that defeated the Ming dynasty in 1644. Construction of the palace began in 1625 under the Emperor Nurhaci, the first ruler ... Details

• Views: 5799
  • Compliments: 0
  • Responses: 0
Dec 28, 2007 05:51

So, the latest article I was able to read on Shenyang on this website was from 2005. I figured I could let some others know that some things have changed in Shenyang since that last editorial. Especially, since 2008 and the Olympics are fast approaching.

Well, Starbucks may not be the best coffee ... Details

• Views: 4324
Sep 20, 2006 04:09

I traveled to shenyang by train from Yanji, Jilin province. I got on the train 6:39pm and arrived at shenyang southern railway station the next morning around 7:30am. It was delayed almost one hour! TIC! Everything's possible here. It was freezing that morning! I stayed in a hotel called DongSheng ... Details

• Views: 4422
  • Responses: 1
Jan 7, 2006 22:01

Shenyang has always had it hard. The weather is fiercely hot in summer and frighteningly cold in winter. The land is wide and rough, and the people have a correspondingly broad and hearty nature, the kind of culture that is born from tough lives and strong communities. Modern Shenyang is far more comfortable, ... Details

• Views: 5699
Jan 4, 2006 01:01

It was with some relief that I learned of our impending visit to Strange Mountain - a routine of reading, writing and Mandarin study in my Shenyang home was beginning to chafe and I was feeling housebound. Strange Mountain, I was told, was a crazy peak where gravity went all nonsense, conveniently located ... Details

• Views: 5054
Dec 31, 2005 00:12

During the time when I was living in Shenyang, I was staying in a small suburb to the south of the city called Hua Xiang. Being unfamiliar with getting around in the city, I was fairly dependent on the family I was staying with, and had little opportunity to get out on my own. All I saw of Shenyang ... Details

• Views: 4793
Dec 29, 2005 03:12

Anyone who waits out the cool, windy autumn weather in Shenyang can’t wait for that first snow. As soon as the old, dusty streets are sheeted in fresh snowfall, everybody rushes out to take photographs: for a moment, the city takes on a thin mask of beauty.

Shenyang’s not usually ... Details

• Views: 5505
  • Compliments: 2
Oct 28, 2005 12:10

Forget anything you've been told about Shenyang. A bleak, industrial outpost it is not; neither is it particularly grimy, overpopulated, or culturally barren, barely worth passing through on your way to Dalian. The majority of traveller's reviews that in this fashion dishonour the 2,300 year old cultural ... Details

• Views: 6789