Menu
What beauty mattered
Nov 9, 2005 22:09
  • CONNY129
I agree ,that is why modest is one of the traditional virtues in China :P
Nov 13, 2005 20:00
  • RITA
Its getting harder and harder to judge people's hometown from their appearances. Chinese have been home-oriented (if not so family-oriented,kidding!), most of Chinese were hesitate to move out of their hometowns. In addition, the transportation then network was far from extensive, people were get used to eat what were produced locally, such as northwest people eat wheat flour more than anything else; ANd (as far as I know), the southern part of ANhui province, people were so allergic to wheat flour food - even Jiaozi:); Part of Dongbei - northeast China, people ate a lot of corn, ... etc. I believe the fixed diet generation after generation would show in people's appearances. Of course, the climate works almost the same on people's appearance as diet. Now, Chinese moves more and more than ever, marriages cross regions are usual, and people attach great importance to the diversities on food..., so it's getting hard to judge people's hometowns from their appearances. Furthermore, we are encouraged to speak mandarin all over the country!

I am good at judging people's accents, if you can let the girl talk to me, hehe, maybe I can tell where her hometown is:)
Nov 15, 2005 23:26
  • PINETREE
Beauty is a perception - it changes with one's views inline with times/trends.
Plump women were considered beautiful. Now we go for slim ones. Small feet were nice - but we learned not to appreciate it now.
Westerners love big boops, wide mouths - all closely linked to sexual pleasures. To the Asians esp the Chinese, beauty is more sublime - features and behaviour. To be sexy was vulgar.
At 1 time, women should not walk in wide strides - they should wlk without their long skirts moving and smile without their teeth showing. Whilst women with nice looking face/personality are still sought after, we ( incl the women themselves ) are now quickly viewing women more as obvious sex objects.
Are women's existence for sexual purposes ? It all depends on how deep is yor culture level. Those that have just migrated from their animalistic stage cannot appreciate women more than for sexual pleasure. The more cultured ones realise that there is more to a woman's beauty than just the mere looks and sexual attributes.
What do you think ??
Dec 25, 2005 08:29
  • AHMI
a real beauty is something that cannot be seen with the eye as it lives inside heart,physical beauti has nothing to do with it.and now a days meterialistic life its imposible to find someone beautiful so better forget it.
Jul 20, 2009 19:36
GUESTMICHAELLAS tks for the effort you put in here I appreciate it!
Nov 24, 2009 20:08
GUESTHIFYGYC...
A friend of mine says that p.kg is growing to a full blown fun portal lately. I took a look and it does seems to have tons of stuff on it. Did you guys try it out? What do you think?
Page 6 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What beauty mattered
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code