Menu
UK passport - Hong Kong to Shenzhen visa
Dec 17, 2011 20:52
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTANWAR

Hi aim British I have a flighting to hk on 26/12 /2011, I do have a turrets visa from uk ,how easy can cross the border from hk to Shenzhen for 15 day holiday ?

What do you mean by turrets visa? You can go to shenzhen and other cities in mainland China (except Tibet) from Hong Kong if you hold a regular China visa.
Dec 22, 2011 20:57
  • JACKYCHEN
Hi This is jackychen welcome to shenzhen and have a good trip.
Get a visa for Shopping in Shenzhen
If you are Chinese and born in Hong Kong, then all you need is a home permit. Everyone else needs a visa. If you plan to go to Shenzhen only , you can usually get a visa at the Lowu/Shenzhen border.

Unfortunately, if you’re carrying a US passport, this option is not open to you and you’ll need to get your visa elsewhere. In Hong Kong, the only place you (US passport holders) can obtain it is either at the China Travel Service or at the China Government Office in Wanchai North. These agencies will charge about HK$1000.

Cost of China Visa
Most passport holders can obtain a single entry Shenzhen visa for 160 Yuan. The exceptions are the UK (469 Yuan) and many South American and African countries ((400 to 1000+ Yuan) for which it is much more expensive.

If you also plan to travel elsewhere in China, then you must apply for your visa at either the China Government Office (North Wanchai), the China Travel Agency or Japan Travel Agency in Hong Kong (both in Tsim Sha Tsui). The more quickly you need it (1 to 4 days), the more expensive it is. If you think you won’t have time in Hong Kong, perhaps you should consider obtaining the visa from your home country, if that’s where you’re coming from.

Jan 17, 2012 15:23
GUEST18118 Hi - I have a UK passport and am traveling to hong kong for a 3 day break on 29th Feb 2012. The plan is to travel to Shenzhen for a day. Can someone tell me the process of obtaining a visa and where to get the visa from? Also, how much does it cost? thanks
Jan 17, 2012 20:45
GUEST66453
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST18118

Hi - I have a UK passport and am traveling to hong kong for a 3 day break on 29th Feb 2012. The plan is to travel to Shenzhen for a day. Can someone tell me the process of obtaining a visa and where to get the visa from? Also, how much does it cost? thanks

Hey, you can easily get the visa on arriva at the Luohu Border if you hold a valid UK passport. The VOA allows you to stay at Shenzhen for 5 days at most. The fee is about CNY 469. It just takes about 10 minutes to get the VOA. Prepare RMB to pay for the fee because only rmb is accepted at the border.

More details:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/service.htm
May 9, 2012 10:14
GUEST21189 Hi, I have clients. They separately hold UK, France and Italy visa. They want to fly to Hong Kong and then visit Shenzhen to stay for 2 weeks. Do they need to apply the visa to China. If they need, how and where can they get the visa?
May 10, 2012 01:36
GUEST45237
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST21189

Hi, I have clients. They separately hold UK, France and Italy visa. They want to fly to Hong Kong and then visit Shenzhen to stay for 2 weeks. Do they need to apply the visa to China. If they need, how and where can they get the visa?

They needn't apply for visa to visit HK. To stay in Shenzhen for 2 weeks, they have to get their visas ready. They'd better get their visas ready at Chinese embassies in their countries.

In HK, they can go to the Commissioner's Office of China's Foreign Ministry in the HK SAR.

More info:http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/default.htm
Jul 30, 2012 10:19
GUEST42459 hi, if i have a china visa, can i stay in shenzhen for 2 weeks?
Apr 14, 2013 01:16
GUEST65103 I am a UK citizen and crossed at the Lo Wu border in April 2013 buying the visa at the border. The cost of the five day Shenzhen Only visa was 304 Yuan. After filling out the form the wait was about 10 minutes. It was pretty pain free. It is a slightly strange process. You exit HK and cross an enclosed bridge. Before you reach the Chinese passport controls there is a sign in English for the "Port Visa" office. You go up some stairs and it is easy to find. If it all goes wrong for some reason it is, apparently, easy to get back into HK.
May 5, 2014 04:50
GUEST16436 Hi!
I will stay in Hong Kong for 3 days in August. My friends would like to go shopping in Shenzhen. I have both italian and french passports but i read that i cannot get a visa at Lo Wu border with a french passport. Staying just 3 days in HK i don't know if I have enough time to get a visa from an agency there, plus we are staying during the weekend.

My question is: I was born in France and its obviously written on my italian passport.Do you think i will have any problem getting the visa at the Lo Wu border on the italian passport? Do they check what country issued the passport without looking at where i was born?

Getting a Visa for China here in Europe before leaving is pretty expensive for one day of shopping (170 Euros) and difficult as I don't have any flight and hotel reservations for China but just for Hong Kong.

Thank you very much for your help!
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: UK passport - Hong Kong to Shenzhen visa
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code