Menu
How do we get to Huai Hua, Hunan
Jul 13, 2004 08:26
  • SCHAILLE
Our son and his wife have gone to China to teach in Huai Hua, Hunan. Can you tell us the best time of year to travel there and how we would get there. We haven't a clue where to start.

Thank you
Jul 13, 2004 08:57
  • CATHERINE
That will depend on your entry city. If you arrive from Beijing or Shanghai, you'd better first fly to Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province, then there take about seven about hours train to Huai Hua city.
Jul 13, 2004 09:03
  • DAISY
Huaihua is one city of Hunan Province, and you may travel around Hunan by this chance, so I think the best time to visit Hunan is also agree to Huaihua:D
The best season to visit Hunan is probably Autumn, when there is little rain and a pleasant coolness over most of the province. For the mountain attraction of Hengshan, however, you may wish to head here in winter, when the area is usually covered by beautiful snow, or May, when the local fairs are out in force.
By the way, agree with what Catherine said above! Changsha is the capital of Hunan, so it is very convenient to Huaihua. Maybe you can ask your son. He might give you a more practical information:D
Jan 26, 2007 10:01
  • HOEFFE
Hello,

I saw you wrote something about Hengshan Hunan. Have you been there? My adopted daughter of almost 4 years old lived her first 14 months in Hengshan, Hunan. I am searching for pictures of the area for her. Can you help me with it, or do you know some-one who has been there.

Thanks for your help
Lisette
from The Netherlands
Mar 13, 2011 21:11
GUEST82192 I also need to travel from Hauihua to Chengsha but I am finding conflicting information. Is the train ride about 7 hours long? How can this be? I was told there was an express bus from Guilin to HuaiHua that took about 2 1/2 hours and those distances seems longer than HH City to Chengsha. How can I get accurate information?
Mar 13, 2011 21:24
GUEST3439 Distance from Guilin to Huaihua: around 386 kilometers by bus.
Huaihua to Changsha: 492 kilometers by train.

The fastest train from Huaihua to Changsha needs 6 hours' journey. The normal trains need around 7 hours.
Post a Reply to: How do we get to Huai Hua, Hunan
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code