Menu
welcome me
Feb 14, 2006 03:36
  • XIAOHONG
hi!
can you tell me is it sutiable for vegeterian in Guiyang? and what about wheater, and rain...
have a nice day
xiaohong, from europe, but at the moment i'm in taiwan, next week i plan to go to guiyang
Feb 14, 2006 06:16
  • JABAROOTOO
Hello XiaoHong,
Welcome to TCG and welcome to China. Can I suggest you read my travel review 'Glimpses of Guizhou'. I'm sure you will find some information there that will be of use to you.

Vegetarian food is readily available in Guiyang, I mention one at least in the review that I enjoyed and there are many great vegetable dishes in Chinese cuisine.

Guizhou University is outside of Guiyang in a small city of parks called Hua xi - read about it. I can't vouch for the Uni but I thought Guiyang would be a nice medium size city to work in and there is a nice community of Ex-pats if you need some friends.

It is supposed to be wet and drizzly a lot but you will not find perfect weather in too many places. My experiences have been good weather more than not. It does tend to get cold in the winter but all these things far outway the benefits of living in this fascinating and often overlooked part of China.

I love it. You might too.
Post a Reply to: welcome me
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code