Menu
Religion In China
Jun 29, 2006 05:10
  • ETHNICEAST
i believe everyone have religious or spiritual inclination. it is just how you express it. some of you prefer to express it athiestically. so people with the need to express their religious belief should do so.

whether religions are absolute truth is not for man to make sweeping statements against it.

i can safely speak for the truth that anyone without religious belief are not saved and not safe to relate to socially.

well as for me, i like to relate to christians especially here and inside china. look forward to hear from you. there is alot to talk about and travel to china for.

Jun 29, 2006 09:25
  • PINETREE

whether religions are absolute truth is not for man to make sweeping statements against it.

i can safely speak for the truth that anyone without religious belief are not saved and not safe to relate to socially.

UNQUOTE.

Hahaha !!
Jun 30, 2006 02:03
  • SOMEGUY
I thought a lot of the head of religion people (Buddah, Jesus etc) said something like find your own path. Maybe I'm wrong but I know I heard something like that. And then you have people following religions to the letter.

Brian: You are all individuals.

Crowd: Yes! We are all individuals!

Lone man: I'm not..

I think if I was religious I'd follow my own faith and worship my own way. No Messiahs for me..
Jun 30, 2006 09:58
  • LOVECHINA2
Just a thought..take all Religions and teachings to their basic form and you have good vs evil or good and bad.We should follow the path of good.
Jul 10, 2006 02:38
  • BIRDIEJK
Quote: ETHNICEAST | -General- | 2006-06-29

>>>> i believe everyone have religious or spiritual inclination. it is just how you express it. some of you prefer to express it athiestically. so people with the need to express their religious belief should do so.

.... OK .... FAIR COMMENT

>>>> whether religions are absolute truth is not for man to make sweeping statements against it.

.... ACCEPTABLE

>>>> i can safely speak for the truth that anyone without religious belief are not saved and not safe to relate to socially.

HAH??? .... RIDICULOUS!

Me: Chinese, no religion but believe there's a God, a universal God for all mankind

Maxim in life: Follow the right path ... treat people with respect and kindness

Nov 9, 2006 00:04
  • HITURA
I think religion is like germ for the human body. The human body needs them to function properly, yet it causes death in special circumstances.
I am pretty much an atheist, but sometimes I can think buddist teaching is OK. I believe human being can better themselves to levels never imagined.
What I don't understand is why when people read the Koran and/or the Bible they can't see that it is a load of dog droppings. Religion will only slow human being down.
Nov 16, 2006 01:09
  • CHALNE
There is a large numbe of Chinese who have the fait in Buddism.

Religion is not an arguable topic, never ever.

I do not have any particular belief but I believe in myself. If I think I am able to do it then I can achieve what I want.
Nov 20, 2006 13:22
  • GRIZ326
Religion has a way of shaping a culture.

Interestingly, John Fairbanks wrote that the Jesuits trying to convert the Chinese found them "living by Christain (Catholic) ethics" ... so they re-wrote the bible to accomodate the situation.

I am not religious - however - I was shaped by my religious upbringing and I cannot do a thing about it - it is an intimate part of me. I never talk about my spiritual/ethical beliefs, but people who observe my behavior can see my beliefs because I do my best to live them. THAT (commonality) was what most impressed me with China on my first visit. IT was mostly absent on my trip this summer :(
Nov 20, 2006 18:30
  • RAXIAMEN
check this link: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/smlife11/GALLERY/gallery.html

check this link:
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/yukaxxlovexxtomo/GALLERY/gallery.html
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Religion In China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code