Menu
Gifts to bring to China
Jun 15, 2006 11:36
  • GRIZ326
I would like to bring a few things to give out in China when someone does a special kindness. Any suggestions?

Jun 15, 2006 19:12
  • RITA
Chocolate?!:-)
Where are you from by the way?
Jun 15, 2006 20:22
  • GRIZ326
I am from Eureka, Montana just a few miles from the Canadian border.

...so chocolate...

I guess that is popular the world over!

Jun 15, 2006 21:49
  • LEMONCACTUS
Is your home town/city/country famous for anything (that you can fit in your rucksack)?

I think it's always nice to give gifts that are 'unique' to your country or culture because it is authentic and not possible to buy it in another country.
Jun 15, 2006 22:13
  • LOVECHINA2
Griz,
I don't know if they will have Hershey chocolate where you are going but I could not find it is South China so I took some with me the next time I went but I did not get to eat much of it!! 2 pounds gone in a week..lol..I was told that it was much better then other America and UK Chocolate because it was not overly sweet:))
Your not not far from the Dakota's...you could always take some Black Hills Gold Jewelry with you:)) No..Just take that to the young lady you are going to see..hehe..
Don't forget to buy some Cuban Cigars(I did)when your in China and have a great trip:))
Jun 15, 2006 23:06
  • GRIZ326
I will definitely bring some Hershey's chocolate, huckleberry creme chocolates, huckleberry jam, and huckleberry soap.

I think my traveling companion's mother will like the jam and soap and I have a Swiss Army pocket knife for her father.

As for Black Hills gold...that is for the next trip. ;^)
Post a Reply to: Gifts to bring to China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code