Menu
Meizhou in Guangdong
Jun 30, 2006 19:49
  • PIPPETE
Does anyone know the city of Meizhou? It has several names and is also known as Meixian or Mexian. It is in the north east of Guongdong province. I will be travelling there next February to meet the family of my daughter's husband, and would like to know something about the place, and also somewhere reasonably priced to stay.
If anyone could give me any information it would be very much appreciated.
Pippete
Jul 3, 2006 00:31
  • PINETREE
Believe your son's in-laws should be able to advise you better. U can also read up on this place if u wanna know more.
But if u wanna hotel, u can try this website (not many choices on Meizhou, tho) :-

www.sinohotel.com/index.html

Feb will be quite chill there.
Jul 7, 2006 05:05
  • PIPPETE
Hi there Pinetree, thanks for your reply. My son-in-laws relatives live in the hill country behind Meizhou in a fairly isolated area. They neither read or write english, and speak only the local Hakka dialect, so even for my son-in-law it is very hard to communicate with them. I have come across the "sinohotel" site that you recommended, but like you said, there is not a lot about that area.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has actually been there, with any information about the area.
Pippete
Jul 8, 2006 15:49
  • YURI
I come from Meizhou, but haven't go back for about four years, if u ar sure u will go there plz email me the date u will go then i will book the hotel for u and plz let me know which airport u will arrive in China then I will able let u know how u can go there.

It is a small city and more people don't speak english, even Chinese, but they do speak Hakka, so it may very difficult, but everything can be done, don't worry.

I will help u!

Y

PS: sent my contact email to ur message box
Oct 6, 2006 13:18
  • RICHEN
I would like to visit Meixian/Yongding next week (Oct 12th 2006) and am looking for a tour or a local guide.

If anyone can help, pleas reply to this message at this location or to
sympatico.ca|ri.chen

thanks
roger chen
May 4, 2009 00:23
GUEST13178 Dear all,

My aunty plan to visit her family in Moyan, I trying to find information about that, but I cannot found it. When I asked to travel agent to book the ticket, they said Moyan is Mei Xian, it right or not ? because we have not found it in the map. Please inform us where is Moyan ? Please also inform us where the hotel they can stay ? (international hotel with mandarin/english language).
We are waiting your assistance, if possible please email directly to my email : yahoo.com|linasongs

Best regards,
Lina (Indonesia)
May 4, 2009 10:00
  • JABAROOTOO
Dear Lina,
This is a note posted on another page at TCG Meizou (you can look at other posting there) perhaps this info will help and you could contact this person for more assistance

Gook luck with your search.

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangdong/meizhou/

I am thinking of conducting some research on Hakka people (I am one of them). In order to limit the scope of my work and keep it manageable, I would like first to start work on the history of Meizhou City the heartland of the Hakka people. Any idea where I can get the material for research and is there anyone interested in collaborating on this project?

D

Mar. 25, 2009 00:05
Mrs.chiupin(Malaysia) replied:

what type hakkha are u?
Ho-poh? Your sirname sounds u are from Hopoh Clan,
Mine is from Moyan Clan n I can be contacted
at yahoo.com|chiupin.
Jul 14, 2009 04:27
GUEST20994 Hai Lina,
Moyan is hakka dialect, in mandarin (hanyi) it was called Meixian, but with the city grew up it now called as Meizhou.
I went to Meizhou for the 1st time in end of April this year to visit my ancestor old home.
It is difficult to find somebody could speak in English, fortunately I'm able communication in hakka eventhough I can't read or write the chinese character.
I stayed in a hotel with the rate about 90 RMB, it is not a luxurious but near the old home of my ancestor. there is one hotel might be 3 stars that comfortable, but I forgot the name.
I came to Meizhou by bus from Hongkong (cost 60 RMB).
I like the food in Meizhou (pokoke unakk tenan rasane... )
Aug 1, 2009 14:54
GUESTJOHN MAK
There are nice places to see outside the city, within the city the open mall is fairly new, new town is modern, the public plaza
deserves a visit, one should not compare it to HK or Macau.

john
Sep 12, 2009 23:54
GUEST70251 Hello?
I am from Korea but living in china...
And I go to SMIC school
We have a project called abc book
and.... I have some questions for u guys
Here u go!!!
Sep 12, 2009 23:58
GUEST70251 These questions are...

1. Which languages did the Meizhou people spoke?
2. What are the climate of Meizhou?
3. What are the physical landscape in Meizhou?

P.S. Thank you for ur cooperations. I love u!!! Just joking
Ha ha... But I really appriciate it for someone who did this for me!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Meizhou in Guangdong
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code