Menu
bright wheather, honest people and traditonal cave dwelling, a mysterious land in shaanxi province
Nov 25, 2006 22:01
  • GERALDINE
I am trying to find out where these are can you give me specific location as I would like to visit them. Thanks.
Nov 27, 2006 19:11
  • EXLIFE
Hi GERALDINE,

This is a picture of jia xian (佳县)of Yulin (榆林市). it locates in the northern part of shaanxi province, beside the Yellow River. it took about 10 hours from xi'an by shuttle. Train could only reaches to Mizhi County(米脂县), a county nearest to Jia xian. And it took you 12 hours from Xi'an to Mizhi by train.

These small counties are seldomly visited by foreiners, and few know this place. As far as i know, there are some foreigners teaching in Yulin Normal College.

Conditions in small villages are hard to imagine. for example, there are no gap water, and all water comes from wells. chickens are not encircled who run freely from one house to another, but they lay eggs only at their houses. what is harsher is the sanitation coditions. there is no public or private bath room for the whole village, and only a public bathroom in the town, a about 3 kilometers away could be found.
there are no commodes, but latrine pits/cesspits.

actually, i am from that county. if you have any question, i would be glad to help.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: bright wheather, honest people and traditonal cave dwelling, a mysterious land in shaanxi province
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code