Menu
Drought in Chongqing
Aug 17, 2006 20:18
  • CONNY129
Recently , sustained high temperature in Chongqing made the drought seriously affect people's daily life and work ,I watched TV last night , CCTV 1 broadcasted that the high temperature in some places of Chongqing reached 39C~43C (102F~109F), actually the temperature even reached 50C at noon outside in some counties.

I wonder how is the situation now , can our members who live in Chongqing give us some information ?
Aug 17, 2006 20:36
  • MELODYCHOW
Exactly!the South China now is suffering from the hot weather with sustained high temperature. I also got the info from the News Release of TravelChinaGuide on the top right corner of this web page.

Hope all can well protect themselves against sunstroke. :)))
Aug 17, 2006 21:23
  • CONNY129
I can't image how could they live in such a bad situation , it is around 35c recently in Xian , I still find it very hot and unbearable :(
Aug 18, 2006 03:42
  • MELODYCHOW
they have air-conditioner in both the home and working place(just like us),do not worry much about the hot weather.....:)))
Aug 18, 2006 10:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Hi conny,
I've been away all summer and it's been pretty hot everywhere I have been except here in Yantai where there is a really cool sea breeze most of the time.

I'll be back in CQ on Tuesday evening so I'll let you know what it is like if it is still hot but I'm sure glad I missed the worst of it.
Aug 20, 2006 19:43
  • CONNY129
Well, I watched the weather report that there will be some breeze and gentle rain recently in Chongqing , I really hope everything will be fine there .
Aug 20, 2006 19:56
  • RITA
I am wondering if the huge Three Gorges Dam project contributed to the unusually dry weather around Chongqing?
Post a Reply to: Drought in Chongqing
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code