Menu
what do you usually eat?
Feb 15, 2007 21:39
  • LEMONCACTUS
ha ha! wonderful rogerinca, I am enlightened. Thanks for that!
Feb 15, 2007 21:40
  • LEMONCACTUS
PS: thanks for the welcome back Cali :) Perhaps we should start a beer thread!!!
Feb 19, 2007 11:43
  • SHAHID786
hello chynagyr
May this information help you have dinning out!

A newly opened Indian and Pakistani restaurant on the 2nd floor of the Ramada Hotel, , Serving a veriety of Vegie ,jian Vegie and Non Vegie food.The food more than makes up for it. The staff are friendly and the service was quite good, and speaks English.
The naan bread here was excellent, paneer naan, garlic naan and butter naan. Also try the Chicken Karahi or the butter chicken. The menu is extensive.
Theme: Indian
Price: less than US$10 » Currency Converter

Address: 45 North Zhong Shan Road
Directions: 2nd floor of the Ramada Hotel
Feb 20, 2007 07:52
  • CALIFORNIA
No,Roger,pls don't show that pic to the others,haha:-)

Yes,LC,I drank a Xinjiang beer recently,really nice,the black beer~~~~~~
Feb 21, 2007 06:14
  • SHAHID786
Hi Every body! Just for information.
The fairly new Kohinoor Restaurant sits above the lobby in the Ramada Hotel. The food is typical Indian and Pakistani fare (HALAL FOOD} although not as spicy. However, they could surely add some heat upon request.
Kohinoor Restaurant is a Muslim restaurant and its the only real muslim restaurant in nanjing.
As should be expected from a reputable hotel chain, the restaurant and hotel bathroom appear quite clean. Servers are attentive ?
A typical meal for two would cost 45to 70 yuan not including drinks
How to Get There

Take the subway to Gulou (鼓楼) station and walk north-west for a few minutes on Zhongshan Bei Lu (中山北路). Kohinoor is on the 2nd floor directly above the hotel lobby.

Kohinoor offers free home delivery within 3 kilometers of their store. If delivered farther than 3 kilometers away, the taxi fare will be added to the bill.

Feb 21, 2007 20:34
  • ROGERINCA
OK Cali, I will not show the photo of you drinking the Harbin Beer to any other members.....at least for the rest of this month !!! LOL :) Why did it take you so long to find the post with the photo !!?? :) You need to be more alert my friend !! :)
Mar 11, 2007 18:25
  • PUBLIUS
I ate what the Chinese ate and only ate at McDonald's once because it was ironic, i.e. I was in Changsha--the birthplace of Chinese Communism--and wanted to go to Mickey D's, a Western symbol of capitolism. I enjoyed my ironic spicy chicken sandwich;-)

I also had no stomach troubles in two months and took several precautions: tried to stay away from fish, washed all of my vegetables with water I disinfected, washed all of my chopsticks with tea before using them (unless I brought my own).

Cheers and happy eating,

Publius
Mar 11, 2007 21:53
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
Apault, I agree wholeheartedly with your view on the proper treatment of water.

As for food and drink, the best bet, as always, is to keep yourself well informed and pay attention to hygiene- yours, and the hygiene of whatever place you get your food from. Of course, fruit and veges should be washed thoroughly, water should be bottled or boiled (make sure you don't buy water from cheats who refill old bottles with tap water!). Well, in some rural areas the tap water is safe, like my wife's home village, but in general you should probably assume it isn't.

Remember, some people have a cast iron stomach, others are sprinting for the toilet at the mere sight of a tiny speck of dirt. be aware of what you can handle and stick to that.

And always remember: You don't get a population of 1.3 billion people if they're all dropping dead from horrible diseases caused by the food. I mean, sure, you have to be careful, but reality couldn't possibly be as bad as those hyped up media reports considering the size of the population and that the population is still growing- and generally getting bigger and stronger, too.
Mar 11, 2007 22:56
  • ROGERINCA
Having been away from China, going on three months now, I am really starting to crave the food !!

My local Chinese restaurants, simply are not equipped to satisfy my needs !! :)

I cannot wait to return in May !! I must watch what I say though; my Lao po will wonder if it is her that I miss, or the cuisine !!??
Mar 13, 2007 09:33
  • JABAROOTOO
Hey California,

That's a shocking photo of you. You can blame it on the beer> LOL Happy to say you look much better in the flesh!!!!!!!!!! But two beers!!! at the same time or are they empty already
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: what do you usually eat?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code