Menu
Comparison: house price in China &US
Feb 7, 2007 19:23
  • ANTHEA
Heard a news that the average house price in the United States is about 1,000 USD/ Sq.m, lower than that in Beijing and Shanghai, is that true?Anyone from US can clarify this to us?

Feb 7, 2007 21:13
  • BBQQ
I don't think so. House price in Manhattan could not be that low. 1,000 USD? Rent price msut be higher than that.
Feb 7, 2007 23:35
  • ROGERINCA
Ok, I think we are getting figures confused here; for those of us who are unable to think in ’metric’ terms. LOL

First, in the USA, [one] component of existing home valuation is its size. Moreover, as you know, in America, we do not use the metric system. Home valuations by size, are computed in square feet (sq. ft.) with the average medium sized home being in a range of approx. 1600 to 2000 sq. ft. (approx. 149 to 185 sq. meters).

Conversion: 1 sq. meter = 10.76 sq. ft. 100 sq. ft. = 9.29 sq. meters.

An average size home in the USA is 2000 sq. ft. which is equal to 185 sq. meters. In addition to size, the location of the home (State, City, neighborhood) is a big factor on its pricing, as well as the condition of the home. :)
Feb 8, 2007 01:56
  • ROGERINCA
Yes Lee Ying, you are correct in that statement !!

Rents are very high in New York City !! Most that are 'decent' will be higher than $1,000 !! :)
Feb 8, 2007 08:15
  • APAULT
House prices in China are much lower than in Australia. But I wouldnt like to be an average wage earner in China and wanting to buy a home. Comparing prices based on exchange rates is false for Chinese earners...in relative terms they are much more expensive in China.
Feb 10, 2007 15:36
  • GRACE28
if to compare to russia, moscow, then china house price is quite cheap, in moscow average is more then 3000usd per sq.m so it comes that just one room apt aprox 50sq.m is already over 160000usd, huh, huh. ah and in russia if its 1 room then there is only and only 1 room, not like in china if it says 1 room,,then actually there is 2 rooms - guest room and bed room.

Feb 11, 2007 19:08
  • SIVA
  • Community Moderator
The price level of Moscow is highest in the world, right?
Mar 11, 2007 13:54
  • FALLOUT
Don't think so, SIVA.

I'm not sure which is the average price here (sorroundings of Madrid, in Spain), but i'm sure they have nothing to "envy" from Moscow ones.

I personally know someone who is buying a 3-room attic in Getafe (another city but like suburbs of Madrid), and though it should be quite upper that the average (given it's an attic, and close to the underground and a new shopping Mall), it gets an ashtonishing price of about 4000€ per square meter (a bit above 5000usd per sq.m)
Mar 27, 2007 17:31
  • SANYACHINA
"Heard a news that the average house price in the United States is about 1,000 USD/ Sq.m, lower than that in Beijing and Shanghai, is that true?Anyone from US can clarify this to us?"

Sure, in some little town! :D :D :D
Mar 30, 2007 04:42
  • AIRAN
The most expensive cities in the world for real estate are london,NY,Mumbai and tokyo.

Shanghai is closing in slowly ..But The house prices in US are more only in NY,LA etc ..Not generally in every city..For example Dallas is quite affordable..
Actually it is a real estate mania in India and China because of huge population and limited quality space for living which is fuelling prices.Also builders and house traders give this price much more hike and deserved to make quick bucks ..
Mar 30, 2007 11:35
  • SANYACHINA
You are right. Soon India will be more populated than China. In India people still can have many children. And India is smaller than China as territory. So, how the Indian government think about this problem?
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Comparison: house price in China &US
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code