Menu
When China will be an economically RICH country?
Mar 12, 2007 02:44
  • PEA28COCK
For decades, China is considered a poor country (I guess mostly in terms of economy). Although after dozens of years of opening up, she is also not very rich. There are a lot of reasons, a huge number of people, backward scientific development, weak economic foundation, etc. When China will be an economically RICH country? :(
Mar 12, 2007 03:09
  • ROGERINCA
Aieeeeeyaaaaaaaa !!!!!

Peacock, you should visit China sometime very soon !! LOL :)

I think you will find that your view is not very accurate !!

China now is one of the largest economies on the Earth !!

It is sizzling hot in its growth !!

Some say it will surpass the USA economy in the next several years !!

China has done so much and so fast !!!

Last, China is not only rich in economic wealth; it has the wealth of such a rich culture and history and people !!

But I have said this all so many times in the past two years; have you not been paying attention !!?? :) :)

Mar 12, 2007 03:15
  • CONNY129
Well,Peacock,that's the problem every Chinese concerns.
Mar 12, 2007 08:13
  • CHRISWAUGHBJ
I would say China is very rich. The questions I have are:
When will China's wealth be spread equally? (or more realistically: When will China's wealth be spread more equally?)
When will China's development be spread more equally?
There are so many gaps: Rich and poor; urban and rural; west and east...... The key, so far as I can see, is not about China getting rich, because it already is, it's about closing the gaps. And cleaning up the environment and shifting to a sustainable economic base, but they're part of the gap-closing process, too.
Mar 12, 2007 12:08
  • LIONPOWER
After all- black money holders!!
Mar 12, 2007 19:50
  • ELLEN77
I think Chris tells the right thing. The income gaps between Chinese people are getting so big now, that is an urgent task to be solved. And Corruption, another thing, though some large corruptive officials were prisoned in the last year, there is still a long way to go.
Mar 12, 2007 19:51
  • FRANKENSTEIN
If everybody thinks this question as you do, China will be RICH tomorrow.
Mar 12, 2007 20:06
  • ELLEN77
I hope so, anyway. :)
I would like to be rich tomorrow, I think everyone expects so.
Mar 14, 2007 22:57
  • LIONPOWER
Yes,
Hope is your driver but you should work hard to go up stairs
Mar 16, 2007 13:28
  • APAULT

The real issue is can China become rich before the world environment is degraded beyond the point of no return. The developed countries have taken us to the brink and are hardly serious about fixing the problem they created. The new developing countries are likely to talek us over. Unless the west cuts back now, China and others will share in the collapse rather than catching up.
Mar 26, 2007 11:30
  • SANYACHINA
"For decades, China is considered a poor country (I guess mostly in terms of economy). Although after dozens of years of opening up, she is also not very rich."

"She" could be richer if Englishmen, French, Russians, etc. did not steal so many treasures from the Chinese land. Till today the Western museums are full of ancient Chinese treasures. You have no idea how expensive is only one of them. Some are really without price, because no one is able to pay them. The archeologists know it well.
Second, "She" have veeeeeeeeeeeeery large population. So "her" "per capita" is not so high.
If Chinese population was the same as the population in Russia or in USA China will be the richest country in the World. IN FACT, according to the currence and gold - China is already the richest in the World.
By the way, if China is not rich, HOW DO YOU THINK "SHE" IS ABLE TO MAKE:

-So strong army
-So many skyscrapes, etc.?
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: When China will be an economically RICH country?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code