Menu
Been thinking of goin to Siping City
Mar 14, 2007 04:25
  • BILL1977
Hello to all,
Ive been looking into going to Siping, Jilin province to study Shao Lin Kung Fu at the Siping city Shao Lin Martial Arts Academy. I was wondering if anyone had any info and/or advice about this trip. I will be staying at the academy for a full year and I must admit that I am a bit nervous for this will be my fist trip out of the states. So I will be grateful for any information. Thank you.
Mar 20, 2007 22:10
  • NIEDAN
Hi

If you havent already left, then sure go for it.

Ive stayed at that academy for a few months and its not bad. The academy isnt as pretty as it mentions but is a great experience anyways. Lots of cool ppls from all over the world as-well. I went to this academy right after I turned 18, and I have learned lots about Kung-Fu and Life just being in China and at this academy. North-East China is some what very poor but really great people in this area. (Very Freindly)! Im sure you would like it, so go and start your adventure, if you havent alread left.

Good Luck!
Oct 15, 2007 15:13
GUEST20164 I will ALSO be training here in March - June! My name is Michael from North Carolina, I'm in a rush right now but definitely look for me if you are there around the same time!!!
Oct 24, 2007 17:08
GUEST22545 I'm going to this school in 2009 for a year, I'm looking forward to it. :D
Apr 1, 2008 15:34
GUESTA GREEK Hi there,

I am thinking too,going to this academy. Is it really that good as it sound to??

If you see a Greek, in Autumn there ,that would be me.

No previous experience in gong fu, but in TKD.

Apr 8, 2008 04:18
GUEST82279 i to am going there to train there. I leave on 1st of june 2008 and i am staying for a year. i have read alot about this school. traing sound hard and painful But i carnt wait to go. i am 18 and english i have little experiance in kungfu but am black belt in karate
Apr 28, 2008 17:11
GUEST38221 folks, it is just awesome. I stayed there for one year in 2003 and it is definitely on of my greatest experiences! Shaolin, ba ji, tai ji and maybe some ba gua opportunities. Interesting people from around the globe and out in the countryside on a hill looking over a small lake. I miss the place. Thinking about goin back for language course mixed with training.
For you leaving soon: Enjoy it!
May 12, 2008 13:01
GUEST14239 hello

was thinking of heading to the academy at some stage but wondered how strict their rules were in reality?

can i anyone let me know?

thanks

pam
May 29, 2008 19:27
GUESTIVAN I would be interested talking to people that is going there! I will travel there in august and will stay there for one year. I hope to talk to other people that will do the same!
If you got MSN, please add me! (write who you are!) hotmail.com|akimotokun

Hope to talk to fellow adventures about going to China!
Aug 29, 2008 07:57
GUESTIVAN I have now been in the Academy for about 1 month (11 months remaining) and I enjoy it very much.

at the web-site: www.shaolins.com... i cannot find any pictures that actually are from the academy. NONE! Even the room picture is only 10% of the room. Also, it will be completly empty. You dont have to buy bedsheets or etc...

The downsides are...

You have to buy:
-Toiletpaper
-Water
-pay for internet time pr. 10 min

/// I like staying here though. And If you enjoy hard training and .. interesting people, you would definitivitly enjoy staying here!
Sep 18, 2008 18:48
GUEST15759 hey im thinking of going as well, in 2009, or 2010.
ne info would be great
hotmail.com|fiesty_kid
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Been thinking of goin to Siping City
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code