Menu
Can foreigners open bank accounts in China?
Jan 19, 2013 21:31
GUEST40232 can i open business acc in china when my bussines is in russia?
Jan 20, 2013 06:08
  • DAVIDLU
if for company account, the USD entry no limit, for personal account, you can only change USD50000 one year. Wether you are Chinese or foreigners.
Feb 8, 2013 03:10
GUEST65145 I am a foreigner. I cant make it to China in near future. I would like to open an account with China Merchants Bank. Is it possible to open an account through online? or is it a must I need to present all the relavant documents in person?
Feb 8, 2013 03:14
GUEST5533
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST65145

I am a foreigner. I cant make it to China in near future. I would like to open an account with China Merchants Bank. Is it possible to open an account through online? or is it a must I need to present all the relavant documents in person?

Online service isn't applicable. If you can't be there, ask someone who can be trusted to do it for you. Of course, all the documents should be prepared.
Feb 8, 2013 03:17
GUEST65145 I have friend in China. Do I need to send the original documents to her? so she can open account for me?
Apr 20, 2013 11:42
GUESTALI Hi,
I am visiting Beijing next month on Tourist Visa and would have some reasonable money (cash) with me. Can I open an account with Bank of China?
Apr 22, 2013 22:31
GUEST8952
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTALI

Hi,
I am visiting Beijing next month on Tourist Visa and would have some reasonable money (cash) with me. Can I open an account with Bank of China?

Yes, bring your original and copy of your passport to open an BOC account. Someone says "you have to show your accommodation register too".
May 11, 2013 19:29
GUEST82718 I am doing biz with chinese company. Do I have to physically go to china to open an account or can it be done on the internet?
May 23, 2013 19:02
GUEST61538 Hello,

Can a foreigner open the account without being in China? Like opening the account online. Sending documents to the bank by mail FAX or post
Jun 10, 2013 14:28
GUEST02133 Hi !

I have a company in Hong Kong. It is a trade company focused on exporting Chinese products (steel piping materials for oil and gas industry). Our main supplier has an account in Agricultural Bank of China, is based in Jiangsu province. We would like to open an account in the same bank to make financing easier. And I have few questions:
1) where do you think I should open an account - in Jiangsu or in Hong Kong? (based on earlier comments about convenience of transfers)
2) are there any limitations for transfers to foreign accounts outside of China?
3) any implications to taxation?

Thank you for your would be comments!
Also, I would welcome an advice on how to finance our contracts, which bank to apply to? what documents will i need, etc.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can foreigners open bank accounts in China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code