Menu
Hong Kong to Guilin and Yangshuo
Jan 25, 2009 11:04
GUESTCHRISTOPH I'll be traveling to Yangshou from Seattle on March 1, 09. I'm still wondering about the best way from Hong Kong to Guilian and it sounds like that taking a plane will be the easiest, since there doesn't seem to be a direct connection between Hong Kong and Yangshou any other way. In case there is, please let me know. Thanks a lot.
Jan 29, 2009 03:43
  • ELLYSE
Just take a bus Guilin -- Yangshuo for 1 hour, then go on a bamboo rafting experience near Yangshuo. That's better and much less touristy.
Hong Kong -- Guilin by direct flight is indeed the easiest, but also the MOST expensive by far!
http://www.yangers.com/How_to_get_to_Yangshuo.htm has good information on getting to Yangshuo. Try crossing the border to Shenzhen then sleeper bus to Yangshuo, that's MUCH cheaper. And if you do really want to fly, flights are much cheaper from Shenzhen as well.
Jan 29, 2009 22:18
  • ANDIKEMPF
Our daughter had to be transfered from Yangshou to Hong Kong with a fractured hip.
We set her by Learjet, a hospital bed to hospital bed transfer with Doctor on board,
VERY expensive.
What other possibilites could there have been?
A ground ambulance ride...
Jan 30, 2009 02:05
  • ELLYSE
That was probably the best choice given your circumstances. Most travellers won't be going by that, but neither would it have been possible for you to go via normal transport eg plane, bus or train.
Jan 30, 2009 21:02
  • ANDIKEMPF
It cost $26,500 american dollars, all our savings.
Jan 30, 2009 23:53
  • WANHU
Rent a van, and put a soft bed inside and go to Guangzhou. From GZ take a flight to HK, cost you less than USD1000
Wan
Jan 31, 2009 01:58
  • ELLYSE
Airlines might not let an injured person on the flight.
Jan 31, 2009 01:59
  • ELLYSE
Also, if you're looking to fly to Hong Kong, just take the soft-bed-van to Guilin instead of Guangzhou. Why would you need to drive 10 hours more to Guangzhou?
Jan 31, 2009 10:15
  • WANHU
I was invalid once, due to stroke attack, and I could still use flight, strapped to either a wheelchair or plane chair. Anyway, you are paying for the learjet and medical personnel as well, that's why the cost is exorbitantly high. I just thought maybe in GZ there's a flight available to ferry the injured to HK. With hip fracture, the patient needs to be strapped too. Perhaps you could enquire with China Southern or other airliners.

I do hope everything goes well.

Wan
Apr 6, 2009 19:15
GUEST12212 We're planning a trip to HK and Gui Lin. We have a little boy who'll be just under 2 years old by Jan 2010 when we do travel. Is it safe to bring a little child on our trip? We've been convinced it's not safe to take him to HK or Gui Lin or anywhere in China? Also what is the best and cheapest way to get into Gui Lin from HK?
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hong Kong to Guilin and Yangshuo
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code