Menu
Chinese cut-paper art: intriguing to the eye, mystical to its' meaning
May 13, 2007 05:33
  • WINDENERGY
Hey there community,

I have been fascinated with Chinese cut-paper art since the moment I first saw it back in America. The detail and workmanship are beyond reason! If I tries to do this kind of artwork, there would be huge piles of scrap paper wadded up on the floor.
I pose 2 questions to anybody reading this:

----Are the details of this artwork really done by hand? It seems hard to believe somebody would have this kind of patience.
-----Has anybody ever tried to market this cut-paper art to western businesses or art stores. It seems a good piece of cut-paper art, well-mounted could bring in plenty of Mei Yuan.

That's all for now, I hope somebody answers these questions. And I hope my photo uploads without deleting the entire message!

__WINDENERGY__

May 13, 2007 19:49
  • JOHNNY512
1. Of course, they are done by hand. Actually, for those skilled artistans, they can finish them quickly.
2. In some places, people have done Paper-cut business and have exported them aboard. Some folk art in China is knowned to the world, for example, the clay sculptures in Fengxiang, Shaanxi Province.
Another picture of paper-cut.
May 13, 2007 19:51
  • JOHNNY512
Sorry, forget to upload the picture.

May 13, 2007 19:51
  • TRAVELDREAM
Cutting papers are in deed made by hand. Some of them are very complicated, just as the one you show to us.Patience is not a problem if you love it.

I'm sure that somebody has tried to sell it in western countries, but maybe it is not so widely sold.
May 13, 2007 19:52
  • JOHNNY512
A clay sculpture of horse.

May 17, 2007 19:15
  • WINDENERGY
Keeping this string going, y'all. I think a smart entrepreneur, if they choose the right market, will be able to trade thousands of these artistic souvenirs with foreigners. So, maybe i need a sponsor, at this point. I would be willing to travel anywhere in the western world and market Chinese cut-paper art....if you will fly and lodge me there.

Any takers?

__WINDENERGY__

Post a Reply to: Chinese cut-paper art: intriguing to the eye, mystical to its' meaning
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code