Menu
How long does it take to become fluent in speaking, reading and writing Chinese?
Jun 27, 2007 04:17
  • EVENING
Alan,
Your girlfriend speaks little English, so how do you communicate with each other???????
You speak Chinese?
Jun 27, 2007 05:32
Hi Evening.
My Han Jing speaks some English but little oppotunity to practice, we communicate via e-mail and we seem to be understanding each other very well.
I'm a complete novice when it comes to speaking chinese, I'm keen to learn
Jun 27, 2007 11:56
  • LIONPOWER
Try but difficult
Jun 28, 2007 00:27
  • DSHOWGINA
that's exactly the same question i want to ask according to my english study. what is different between us is that you have been in the target language country, which will contribute more than you think on your chinese language study, while i have no opportunity to sutdy in an English speaking country. anyway, what really matters in foreign language study is your determination and attitude. if we persist on and practise more, we will make it someday^O^
Jun 28, 2007 02:40
Well I am very much determined to learn out of respect for my future wife, I am quite a fast learner at most things, I have a few Chinese friends who will help me.
Having already been to China, I have some idea what I need to learn.
I look forward learning together with Han Jing as I help her with her English.
Jul 4, 2007 01:25
  • MONICAMARS
want to improve your Chinese listening and speaking? join us, and you can have conversation with our professional native Chinese teacher. it's called LIVE class.
www.chineseour.com you have have trial for free!!
Jul 4, 2007 01:39
Hello, thanks for the offer but unfortunately I don't have the right software on my computer and as it's at work I don't have permission to download much the pity.
Jul 7, 2007 00:26
  • KSWONG
WESTNORWOODGAS
Firstly, I admire your determination. But it's not easy to learn a foreign language in a monolingual (England, I presume?) society.

You have to immerse yourself totally in a Chinese-speaking environment in order to learn at a faster pace. Language skills becomes a matter of survival so you have no alternative but to make yourself understood as you walk the streets looking for a meal, for eg.
Jul 9, 2007 03:09
Yes, I know it's not easy, I have already been to China and although it was hard to make myself understood I got by, until I met my girfriend in Yueyang, she then done most of the talking, very helpful as she made sure I was not taken advantage of.
Jul 21, 2007 07:50
  • EHONDA
It's one of my life ambitions to learn chinese, but the sheer magnitude of the language is making me procrastinate... Perhaps one day I'll put some real effort into it...
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How long does it take to become fluent in speaking, reading and writing Chinese?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code