Menu
Best Part of the Great Wall To see
May 22, 2007 05:20
  • KODAXED
Me and My friend are looking to Visit china Nest year september time, I have 2 questions one is this a good time and two which is the better area of the wall to visit without havving to feel like the whole world decided to visit on the same day as we did, we will be arriving in Beijing on the Trans-Mongolian...

Thanks in advance

Mike
May 22, 2007 06:42
  • JABAROOTOO
Sept in a good time and one of the quieter places is HuangHua Sheng which was just formally opened to the public last May. there are plenty of places to stay near the resevoir and in the actual village. It is out near Mutianyu although it si a few days walk. You can also B&B overnight on the wall at Jishanling. Avoid the weekends and you should have a pretty quiet time of it.
May 23, 2007 08:27
  • KODAXED
@JAB: Thanks for the info It will really help,

Mike
May 23, 2007 19:54
  • CALIFORNIA
Hi,Mike,

I think the best part for you is Simatai and Jinshanling Great Wall,you can spend two days in there!!!

Good luck!
May 25, 2007 05:53
  • KODAXED
Hey california, thanks for the Information. So glad i found this site it has saved a lot of wasted effort, cheers guys.
May 25, 2007 21:35
  • GRIZ326
I was awestruck when I saw the wall in Badaling. The place was crawling with people, but it that did not detract from the experience.

Badaling might be the burger & fries experience with the Great Wall, but if it is the only place you have a chance to see it...don't miss it.
May 27, 2007 19:08
  • HOPE2008
hi, KODAXED, nice meeting you. I see you in Beijing , Hope:)) there's a lot of fancy places that foreigners have never been:))
May 31, 2007 02:23
  • GERALDINE
Hi Mike
I think Simitai area is the best as it is much quieter and not so crowded and you get a real sense of the isolation of the wall! Very steep take good climbing shoes! Have a good time.
May 31, 2007 03:46
  • KODAXED
Heya Geraldine thanks for the help you have been a lot help.
Post a Reply to: Best Part of the Great Wall To see
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code