Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
May 29, 2008 06:02
  • LOUIEANDYING
first of all, congratulations for all members and gests willing to help each other.i'm impressed. wouldn't be great if all human being would act in such manner ? ok, here goes my case, questions and my appreciation for the ones willing to answer. few months ago i found the love of my life in china and we will get married this comming july which will be my first visit to china. I'm planning to stay for 30 days now. i'm still gathering the documents required to apply for the chinese visa.i already have the certifyed copy of my divorce deccree, invitation letter, the marriage status doc. certifyed by the sec. of state, passport, pictures and i'm completing the visa application. i will submit it to the chinese consulate on early june. so, in the visa application, i'm stating i'm going to china as a tourist and with the intentions of getting married with a chinese citzen. #1. should i request a single entry or multiple entries visa ? #2. once i'm married in china, am i legal to live there and be able to work ? #3. do i need to up date my status in china or does it goes automaticly ? #4. on this first 30 days, am i allowed to rent and to drive a car once i already have my international driver's license ? #5. if i decide to move to china for good, am i allowed to ship my furniture, boat, cars and motorcycle to china ? #6 how much money i might spend with the wedding, cerimony and basic expenses, considering i'm going to a small city 3 hours north of nanning and having a simple wedding ? i still have few other questions. so, i'd appreciate if you could give me your email where we could chat with more details. thanks for the help. LOUIE.
May 29, 2008 06:23
  • LOUIEANDYING
just look in the phone book. look in the goverment pages. it will provide you the phone number. call them and they will instruct you what and how to do it. it will cost you $15.00 and will take about 10 days once you mail it. down load the form from the chinese consulate site, take it to a notary public and sign it in the presence of the notary. then you send it to the sec. of state. good luck.
May 31, 2008 02:50
GUEST77548 I am not an expert, but I had to make a declaration of intention to marry and this was displayed for 21 days in my Consulate office.

Make sure your declaration that you are not married is official. i.e ratified in a court.

Everything you have must be translated into Chinese. This is not expensive and there are companies that are setup to do this.

I also believe that you have to marry in the same place as your girlfriends hukou is issued.

I found the Chinese Embassy in Britain had a lot of useful information on their website.
Jun 2, 2008 19:01
GUEST69132 Does anyone have an address or a contact number for the PRC Notary Public office in Tianjin?
Jun 3, 2008 21:07
GUEST59201 I am married to a Chinese girl from Tianjin. I'm wondering if there's any special visa I can get for my marriage so I don't have to continually renew my Z visa. It's such a pain in the ass having to depend on a school all the time to live with my wife.

Caid.
Jun 15, 2008 02:30
GUEST03141 I want to marry my Chinese girlfriend in California. I went to China and now she will move to the US. What must I do to arrange for her to be able to come, marry and stay?
Jun 16, 2008 00:11
  • LENDIS
hi
my name is ron i am planning to marry a chinese girl also she wants to marry and live with me in the uk i just wondered if you managed to get things sorted

cheers Ron
Jul 5, 2008 02:24
GUEST44160 HI I AM AN AUSTRALIA LADY WANTING TO MARRY MY MOROCCAN FIANCE WHO IS ON A WORKING VISA FROM MOROCCO IN HARBIN, CHINA AS A SCHOOL TEACHER. I WANT TO GO TO CHINA MARRY HIM AND THEN RETURN WITH HIM ON A SPOUSAL VISA. I HAVE HAD CONFLICTING INFORMATION FROM ALOT OF PEOPLE AND THE IMMIGRATION SERVICES AND IT IS WAY TOO EXPENSIVE TO GET AN IMMIGRATION LAWYER.

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE PRE-REQUISITES ARE FOR THE AUSTRALIAN SPOUSAL VISA ONSHORE AND THE CHINESE LAWS IN REGARDS TO SPOUSAL VISA OFFSHORE AND MARRIAGE IN CHINA. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THAT IF IT IS EASY OR WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO GET HIM HERE TO AUSTRALIA AND THE LEAST EXPENSIVE. ALSO SHOULD I JUST GOTO CHINA ON A TOURIST VISA OR DO I HAVE TO APPLY TO THE CHINESE CONSULATE IN AUSTRALIA?

THE HARDEST PART IS THAT WE MET ON THE INTERNET BUT WE SPEAK EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST 3MONTHS AND HE HAS ASKED FOR MY HAND IN MARRIAGE AND THIS IS COMMON FOR OUR CULTURE AS I AM A MALTESE/AUSTRALIAN MUSLIM AND HE'S A MOROCCAN MUSLIM. WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH CONTACT FROM EACH OTHER AND WANT TO BE TOGETHER IN PERSON AND LOVE EACH OTHER, AS CRAZY AS IT DOES SOUND TO SOME PEOPLE, AND THE WAITING IS KILLING US! BUT WE JUST KNOW THAT IT WILL WORK FOR US INSHALLAH!

I ALSO AM UN ABLE TO FINANCIALLY SUPPORT HIM HERE AS I AM ONLY WORKING ON A CASUAL MINIMUM WAGE AND AM UNABLE TO PROVIDE A ASSURANCE OF SUPPORT EITHER!

PLEASE HELP US WITH ANY ADVICE IN WHAT TO DO CAUSE I AM HAVING SLEEPLESS NIGHTS AND I AM STRESSED OUT HARD AND I DON'T EAT PROPERLY JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WITH EVERY BONE IN MY BODY, HOW TO GET THE MAN OF MY DREAMS TO AUSTRALIA TO LIVE WITH ME HERE!
HE IS GOING TO SUPPORT ME IN CHINA AND I WILL SUPPORT HIM HERE IN AUSTRALIA AS I HAVE MY OWN HOUSE HERE DOWN UNDER I THE LAND OF OZ!
ALSO I WANT TO KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A WORKING VISA IN BOTH AUSTRALIA AN IN CHINA AS I HAVE THOUGHT OF GOING THERE TO TEACH AS A FOREIGN ENGLISH TEACHER UNSKILLED. I AM SO CONFUSED ABOUT ALL OF THIS BUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS HASN'T EVEN STARTED AND I AM PANICKING OR IS IT FOR NOTHING.
WHAT SHOULD I DO? AUSTRALIAN IMMIGRATION SEEMS SO IMPOSSIBLE AND THEY WANT TO KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT THE RELATIONSHIP AND THEY DONT SEE THE EMOTIONAL RELATIONSHIP AS A VALID ONE!

KDJA.
Jul 5, 2008 06:13
  • SUSIEG2008
KDJA.....Please get to Guangzhou the United States consulate to contain Australia and have foreign country the lawyer help your visa get married very good..SO It is very easy Ok... are your bf from chinese ?where are he from ? you and he come GZ find He is lawyer in the foreign country help you The visa immigrate Australia and wish you lucky
Jul 27, 2008 23:03
GUEST59132 I am planning on marring my love of six years.She is from Sri Lanka.She will be arriving here in NY on a Student Visa in January.What loop holes am I looking at?Can we get married with out any problems?
Page 12 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code