Menu
Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Jul 10, 2007 03:19
  • KSWONG
SAGID
I have a solution for u. Become a Muslim and you can have 4 wives. :p
Aug 11, 2007 07:19
  • BLUEYANKEE44
Very cafefully!! I was just married in here in,2006. No problem! I just received my Visa,and PassPort.Bought a plane ticket,from "Tucson".to Guangzhou. Met my soon to be wife,and 16 days later were married,with no problems.What you should ask yourself,"Is how do I get along with my new wife,if I live and stay in China??" I will tell you. "Not too,easily,if you don't mind arguing where making up,is worth all of endeavers"
Aug 11, 2007 10:32
  • ROGERINCA
Always remember; marriage to a woman from China, is more than just about the ‘process’ and the filing of documents and paperwork. Marriage to anyone outside of one’s own ethnicity/culture is not something to be entered into quickly, or casually. There can be many rewards on many levels with a cross ethnic/cultural union. However, it takes a lot of mutual understanding, patience, sensitivity, maturity, respect and depth of communication. Any relationship between a man and a woman, requires a lot of work on both parts. When you add cultural and language differences to the equation, the challenges therein, become that much greater.

When it is good, it can be very good. When it is not so good, it can be very bad for both individuals.

My relationship with Lao Po is a full-time job. It will always be my full-time job; because she is that important to me. My life is forever changed by this incredible woman from China. I am very fortunate in this regard.
Sep 10, 2007 14:33
GUEST11668 Hello,

I am going to Guangzhou in two weeks to meet and marry a very special chinese woman. Can someone here give me the breakdown of the list of paperwork I need to fill out and file and bring with me so I can marry her when I get to Guangzhou? Also I need a little help in how do I bring her and her son back to the US with me to live. Any and all help is greatly apreciated!
Thank you.
Sincerely,
David in New Mexico USA.
Sep 12, 2007 02:52
GUEST01215 My brother married a woman from China and she was granted her Visa and arrived in US two weeks ago. They seem very happy together. My brother went to China three times and spent a lot of time with his wife in China. What we are wondering is if his marriage that took place in Shenyung?sp China is recognized in the United States or do they have to get married again over here?

Sincerely, Sheila Adams
Sep 12, 2007 06:13
  • DODGER
Sheila,
your Brother's marrage will be legal in the US so they will not have to repeat it.
Please give him my best wishes.
Dodger.
Sep 12, 2007 16:29
  • CARLOS
I came from Guangzhou a week ago. Married to a Nanning woman. Lao Po comes to Finland Nov / Oct.
Roger, I could not agree more, all the best to You and Your Lao Po.

GUEST11668: be sure Your becoming wife knows exactly what You two must do at Guangzhou and where You must go to do that. There is a lot of bureaucracy and You´ll find grey hair on Your head if You go there without knowing. If know, all is easy. Good luck and be happy.
Carlos
Sep 16, 2007 16:01
GUEST91768 \\\\\\\\\great site everyone, I am to marry my Mian as soon as we can, I am British and it,s NOT easy,

Good Luck to you all, and much happiness,

Ronnie/Mian
Sep 23, 2007 12:50
GUEST21728 Hi
I am from the UK (UK citizen) and have recently met that special person in China (she is a Chinese citizen). We want to marry and live together in the UK. What do I need to put in place to obtain a visa for her to live in the UK? I intend to go back to China in December/early January 2008, and again in February. In the interim she wants to travel with me back from China in January, and return to China with me in February, thus spending January with me in the UK. Can she obtain a visa to come to the UK with me in January as a tourist? Will we have to wait until after February (likely earliest possible marriage time), in order for her to apply for a visa for the UK? What are the options/likely possibilities? I greatly appreciate advice/help on this matter. We need to be spending our lives together soon.
Joe
Sep 23, 2007 13:50
GUEST58179 I am in the initial stages of considering marriage with a Chinese woman. The question I have is not about marrying her, that seems pretty clear cut, but of the children from a previous Chinese marriage. What are the laws applicable to this situation?
Page 3 of 56    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage... How does a foreigner marry a chinese woman?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code