Menu
Where to stay in Yangshuo?
Nov 29, 2004 23:15
  • MULMANALU
I will come with my friend to Yangshuo for a three day stay during our China trip. It will be in March 2005. Could anybody please tell me, where to stay? I have searched in Internet and come up with different "suggestions" including Weststreet bustling area or a quite river-view hotels. We would rather have a quite hotel for a comfortable sleep at night and breathtaking view in the morning. I read about Imperiral hotel, how is it? Any similar hotel nearby? How about the weather in March? cold or rainy? And how to rent bikes for a day tour? How about a daytour to minor ethnicgroups? I would really appreciate any input and suggestion. Thanks beforehand.
Nov 30, 2004 11:05
  • ANNA
The Imperial City Hotel has a nice location. It is located on the world-famous "West Street" in Yangshuo, between the "Double Moon Stream" and the "Green Lotus Hill". Directly across from the hotel you will see the beautiful "Lijiang River".

And you also can consider the Yangshuo Friendship Hotel. The Yangshuo Friendship Hotel is located on Xianqian Street, near the Yangshuo Government offices and the former residence of well-known artist Xu Beihong. It is only 50 meters from the beautiful Li river and the famous West Street (foreigner's street). The hotel is built in a traditional Chinese style. The 56 well appointed rooms, all stylishly decorated, are 4-star level.
See the pics below

Dec 4, 2004 21:55
  • MULMANALU
thanks for your information. Well, where can I see the detailed information about friendship hotel? And how about the pricelist?
And should I ask the hotel to pick me up at the Airport - how much will it cost me? Or do you think I can manage to get on the bus from the airport to Guilin, then change with the bus to Yangshuo? Please tell me both options. thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.
Dec 6, 2004 11:48
  • DEE0228
I got the information that there is the bus to
Yangshuo from the Guilin Southern Railway Station. The bus sets off every 10 minutes, RMB 10 /person. It will take about one hour and a half by bus to Yangshuo. To get to the railway station, you can take the shuttle bus from the airport. Trasportaion fee is RMB20 per person.

You can also ask your hotel in Yangshuo arrange a private car for picking you up from Guilin airport, but the charge will be relatively high, maybe around RMB150-200.

Dec 26, 2006 01:27
If you want some quiet guesthouse on the River in Yangshuo, we stayed at the Yangshuo Mountain Retreat in October and loved it! The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful with stuff like bike rental, transport. The rooms were clean and the one we stayed in had great views of the river and rice fields. They also saved us some money on our air tickets. There is also a small Inn down the road run by a man from Holland that is pretty popular, but the number rooms is limited. Be sure to book in advance. Cheers, DK
Oct 24, 2009 05:12
  • IAMJACKBOY
Though it was a prevenient question,but it's still very useful and important to the new visitors to Yangshuo,I am local English tour guide,So I know the local accommodation very clearly,It's my pleasure to share the first hand info to the new visitors.

Yanoshuo town is very small,there are over 200 hotels and hostels in this town,so it very easily to find one fit for yourself.
Maybe some of the hotels/hostels located beside the west street,it's really a quite noise until the midnight,but there are also some hotels located besides the Li river has both quiet and nice scenery,Such as the Imperial City Hotel,River view hotel,there are other hotels/hostels also very nice just located a few block of street away from noise west street,Such as the Peace family holiday hotel,Morning sun hotel,Rosewood inn and new west street hotel.
During the National Holiday Day of China,It's really quite busy,you had better to book your stay first online or it's very hard to find the good hotels/hostels with reasonable price!
Post a Reply to: Where to stay in Yangshuo?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code