Menu
Chinese hospitals
Jul 2, 2007 10:33
  • IREEN
Our family prepares to move to Hainan, but our youngest child regulary needs to go the the hospital because she suffers from a kidney problem. Has anyone experienced staying in a Chinese hospital or what do you definitely need to know when you need to go to a hospital in China?
Jul 2, 2007 14:15
if you do have to go to the doctors always go to the hospital dont go to the small docotors or what ever you call them
Jul 2, 2007 15:09
  • IREEN
Do the doctors in hospitals speak English?
Jul 2, 2007 16:22
probibly not maybe in the big citys make sure you buy some non prescription medine before you go like cough syrup or advil and all that kind of stuff. when you go to the doctors there they may give you like 11 pills to eat at once lol
Jul 3, 2007 00:29
  • JABAROOTOO
Most larger cities have hospitals which they prefer foreigners to use. It may be attached to the largest medical university in the city or it may be a Military hospital. It has been my experience that doctors of the calibre that you are seeking, while they may not speak fluently, they have a good command of the language and will be ble to understand.

You'll sometimes find international Doctors in some of the larger cities but this is probably not quite what you need either. Do your homework before you leave. Ask you husband's workplace for advice if you can.
Jul 13, 2007 10:10
  • JCNILE123
2468 just made an interesting point; last year as i was in Guilin and i got sick, so i ask my chinese friend to ask for me and look for a private doctor and she answer back to me and say that private doctors are not good, better to go the hospital.
them i ask her further, so her answer was that most very poor people goes to private doctor and service is very poor in quality there.
at the hospital the service was goood specially the nurses and doctors, doctors and nurses made their self available to me as i wanted, but the hospital it self was not so very clean, and it was a very busy place a lots of people all over, but for the price they charged me the service was extraordinary, and more important! i got cure.
i think that DOCTORS and NURSES in China are heroes, so much responsability and work and their pay is not close to the western level. Very loving and humble people....
english??? not at all, i was lucky i have my friend she speaks english, they don't speak english except for one doctor and he was very busy, on the other hand you can have a translator and everything will be ok.
i will take Jabarootoo advice it makes a lot of sense.
Jul 15, 2007 05:39
  • APAULT
I agree with JCNile... that is my experience. Though as Jabaroo says they try to steer you to the best hspitals and the prices can be very high by Chinese standards
Jul 15, 2007 20:09
  • TRAVELDREAM
I seldom go to hospitals. They charge a lot, and you can't bargain. LOL...
Oct 19, 2007 21:49
GUEST22116 What is the difference in the diiferent levels of Chinese Hospitals? What is a Level 1. Level 2, Level 3 etc?
Oct 21, 2007 04:55
  • APAULT
They provide different levels of service and charge different fees accordingly.
Oct 25, 2007 21:22
  • ANGIE99
Which city will you live in Hainan? If you are in Sanya, you can go to the naval or the state/province owned hospitals. I also don't think the private doctors would be a better idea, only if you really know the background of them. Good luck!
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese hospitals
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code