Menu
How to handle Mid-life Crisis?
Aug 17, 2007 20:47
  • RAVIHYDE
This is Dr.Ravi Godse.

I wanted to share something with you about mid-life crisis.

If it is not relevant, I apologize in advance

I am originally from India, now settled in Pittsburgh, USA and practice Internal medicine for past 8 years

I recently undertook something unique

I directed my first movie about mid-life crisis

Which got released Nationwide on DVD ( In USA)

It is called "Dr.Ravi & Mr.Hyde"

It is a comedy on mid-life crisis

The three trailers can be seen at www.ravihyde.com

It is rare that a busy Physician in active clinical practice will make a quality movie that is good enough to be distributed Internationally in stores

Check it out and enjoy the trailers
Aug 18, 2007 02:08
  • JABAROOTOO
Mid-life Crisis is a term that covers a broad concept of issues in a persons life but underlying many of these is the changes that often naturally occur in our bodies as we get older. For some it begins earlier than others and for some they just breeze on thru with little impact. It can certainly happen to both men and women but it was once more commonlyseen in women and clled a nervous breakdown.

Today we understand the problem a little better but the pace of life is increasing and the pressure and stress which crowds into our lives from many differnent sources, like health, social and economy issues, work and relationships all have an impact. As we get older we should all stop and take stock of where we are headed and make necessary changes before it is all too late.

Spoken from a background of some personal experience, being now in that wonderful age bracket and enjoying my life to the fullest dispite many setbacks and changes. I treasure my times of peace and set aside time just for me on a regular basis. I often indulge and pamper myself in many ways to the point of being spoiled, something I can easily do whilst living in China these days. Bring it on.....
Aug 19, 2007 20:23
  • LEONARDO
JABAROOTOO, judging from what you said, you must be an optimistic person and know how to enjoy your life. I agree with you on the point that Mid-life crisis is trigggered by the increasing pressure and stress. It is universally acknowledged that Middle-aged people are the backbone of family and society. They shoulder too many responsibilities: supporting parents and raising young kids. Meanwhile, the couple's romantic affection is gradually worn out by the tiresiome triviality of everyday living.
Nov 10, 2007 02:52
  • SUNNYDREAM
Is mid-life crisis an inevitable stage in life? Is it like adolescence which is full of tempestuous quarrels and tumult? I fear of reaching that point of life.
Nov 12, 2007 10:50
  • CARLOS
I must say that when I turned 45, I began to think of my future life, which probably is shorter than my lived life.
I have never planned my life before, but now I have some targets I decided when I turned 45. "There is so much to see, so much to do and so little time"
I know where I am going, but, still doesn´t know how I will get there.

Most of all, I figured out I want to make some peoples lifes easier and happier, as well as I can help it. When younger, that was not very important.

Carlos
Nov 12, 2007 21:36
  • SUNNYDREAM
Carlos,
Quote:
"I must say that when I turned 45, I began to think of my future life, which probably is shorter than my lived life.
I have never planned my life before, but now I have some targets I decided when I turned 45. "There is so much to see, so much to do and so little time"

Carlos, your feeling is similar to many of my folks.They told me that when they were young( before 40), they never planned their lives. However, after 40, they began to reflect on their lives and their goals.This is consistent with the definition of "Mid-life Crisis" that Leonardo has presented in the thread :
"It refers to the point in life(usually around 40-50 years old) that people begin to panic and analyze life based on successes and failures.People usually handles the mid-life crises through finding a new job or having extra-marital affairs."

May I take the liberty to ask how you handle your "Mid-life Crisis" ?( Maybe it is not a crisis for you, anyhow, you understand what i am talking about. I am just curious about the issue, since the "Mid-life Crisis' dose not occur to my parents.)
Nov 13, 2007 08:55
  • CARLOS
Iceblue,
I suppose Your question was ment to all, so I hesitated a little to answer first.
I don´t handle my crisis, I only try to forget it exists. As I said, I have targets now and I try to live my life remembering them.
Well, to be honest, sometimes mid-life crisis lifts it´s head. My wife is quite much younger than me and sometimes can´t help thinking she will some day become a young widow.

Carlos
Nov 13, 2007 08:57
  • CARLOS
Oops!
Sunnydream, sorry :-)
Nov 13, 2007 10:19
Was that a " mid-life crisis " moment Carlos? he he
When I make a mistake I call it having an " elderly moment ", I seem to be getting more than my fair share of those lately, he he
Alan
Nov 14, 2007 03:49
  • BBQQ
Alan

Are there any difference between " mid-life crisis" and " the elderly moment"? You handled the "elderly moment" by seeking new jobs or having affairs? LOL! Take care, I won't tell your gal.
Page 2 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to handle Mid-life Crisis?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code