Menu
How to handle Mid-life Crisis?
Feb 2, 2008 22:47
  • MARRIE
Definitely YVONNE. Those guys/gals between 45-50 grew up in Mao's dynasty have more risks trapping in middle life crisis. i'd better not go further on this topic.
Feb 4, 2008 10:12
  • APAULT
Oh come on Guest 8823 - "China's monogamy system is being challenged".

China has a long history of multiple wives/concubines for the rich. And although I have not read anything on the subject I would guess that there has never been a time when brothels have been visited solely by single men! Likewise I bet there are many romantic folk tales of illicit liaisons - because there are in most societies. Faithful monogamy does not exist and has probably never existed in any society. Most societies have a veneer of monogamy, but beneath the surface, it's all happening! Often it was accepted provided it was discreet. Official culture versus the unoffcicial reality. The main difference in many countries now is that it is more open and we have made divorce more available so it appears to be worse.

I am neither endorsing nor condemming infidelity, I am suggesting that an objective view does not support real monogamy as the norm.

Feb 4, 2008 22:39
  • MARRIE
'' China has a long history of multiple wives/concubines for the rich.''

Paul, it happened to grandmas of my generation and it's abolished in 1949.

Your comments are slick ,sly and skillful (3S). he he
Feb 7, 2008 15:26
  • MARRIE
mid-life crisis

Feb 7, 2008 15:27
  • MARRIE
mid-life crisis

Feb 18, 2008 03:40
GUESTUSA Very interesting cartoon!The above pics mirror the problem. When people come to middle age, they began to ponder the question: working to live or just living to work. What do we live for?

Who are easier to fall in the Mid-life crisis, women or men? I read a book Women's Infidelity written by an American Michelle Langley. The book says that women are cheating as much as men. Currently,women are initiating 70 - 75% of all divorces.

The book also says that Women's relationships today follow a very predictable pattern:
They push men for commitment
They get what they want
They lose interest in sex
They become attracted to someone else
They start cheating
They become angry and resentful
They begin telling their partners that they need time apart
They blame their partners for their behavior...and eventually, after making themselves and everyone around them miserable for an indefinite, but usually, long period of time, they end their relationships or marriages.
Jun 23, 2008 22:00
GUESTKRIS i am a wife who suffers fr a midlife crisis, i just don't know how to handle it
Jun 25, 2008 21:13
  • ICEBLUE

" i am a wife who suffers fr a midlife crisis, i just don't know how to handle it."

GUESTKRIS, suppose you went to see a doctor, the doctor would ask you: "what is the symptom"? Then he can help you.
Are you serious or just kidding? I don't mean to offend you. I am just blunt.
Jul 25, 2008 12:48
GUESTMARY My husband is 54. He is heading for mid-life crises. Yes, it is very real. It is very hard to stay grounded when he does not even realize what is happening yet. He is just running now. I cannot communicate with him. He does not see it yet or will not admit it or just wants his life to be different. It is very hard.
Jul 25, 2008 23:35
GUEST59184 It's senior crisis where folks step into old age. Women with less education has more probobility suffering from mental illness in this stage, which reflected in inability to keep logical thinking and high emotional volotility, Sometimes it could bring lots of trouble to family life and working enviroment.
Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to handle Mid-life Crisis?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code