Menu
jiuzhaiguo in december ????
Dec 1, 2004 10:32
  • BILEE
Dear All,

I am planning to bring my family to travel to Jiu Zhai Gou this coming Dec 23rd. I will bring a long my mom who is 61 years old and my newphew (15 months old). Anyone could advise me whether the temperature there will be OK for my mom and my nephew? How is the climate over there in December?

I heard that I can go by plane to JZG, anybody can help where to buy the ticket? Are there many to see there in winter time?

Thanks
Dec 1, 2004 11:21
  • ANNA
In winter, this place is extremely quiet. Hotels are closed, and lakes, waterfalls and springs are frozen over. Due to the height of the region above sea level, even the summer evenings here can get chilly so make sure you come prepared with warm clothing and a waterproof mac or a brolly never go wasted either!

But the most popular time to visit is between spring and autumn when the maple leaves are on the trees and the rainfall is minimal.
Dec 1, 2004 11:31
  • BETH
Warm garments, shawls and gloves are suggested in winter.
Dec 1, 2004 12:01
  • DAISY
Now the average low temperature is about -2 centigrade below Zero, and with snow sometimes. A really white and pure Fairyland will appear in your eyes.

The average temperature is about 10 Celsius. Besides the warm cloth, you'd better take lipstick and cream avoid chilblain.
Dec 1, 2004 16:43
  • AMANDA
Jiuzhaigou Valley becomes especially tranquil and serene, poetic and picturesque. The mountains and forests are clad in white, the waterfalls and lakes are pure and clear; the ice-layer on blue lakes shines with wonderful wrinkles in the sunrise and sunset; and amidst the ice-clad waterfalls, small streams send out heartwringing music.

Dec 2, 2004 13:49
  • BILEE
so..what your suggestion for us?rather go or not?do you have an oppinion place to go?i will appreciate it.
thanks
Dec 2, 2004 15:48
  • DALE
Jiuzhaigou is breathtaking!! I finished 3 rolls of film on the first day. I am sure that I took the same scenery plenty of times but it seemed different every I looked at it.
We did plenty of walking and phototaking during the 2 days when we were in the reserve. The reserve is huge and 1 day is definitely not enough to cover all attractions. Some personnal favourites are: Shuzheng Fall, Five Colours lake and Long lake. We were really lucky to be able to capture the colours of autumn and winter in a single trip.
Dec 30, 2004 10:45
  • REGAY
I am a volunteer teacher planning to travel with 5 other foriegn teachers during our new year break. Could you offer me any advice? We plan to leave mid-January and travel around Sichuan for a couple of weeks. Do you think it's a good idea to go to Sichuan at this time - with it being Spring Festival. Or will prices rocket? Thanks
May 10, 2010 14:50
GUESTCASHONLINE Good day!

I'm new to this forum.. Hope to have nice time around here...

Look forward to 'meeting' you all.
Post a Reply to: jiuzhaiguo in december ????
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code