Menu
expat life on hainan island, south
Dec 2, 2014 15:15
GUEST24251 Hi every body
I would like to know if Sanya is a cheap place to Live.
How much an apartment with 4 bedrooms and close to the beach will cost? What about the school, Is it expensive?
How does the city looks like?
Probably i'll be there in July 2015.
Thanks for the information.
Feb 9, 2015 20:36
GUEST14579 Guest 24251, Were you able to find any information? My family may be considering moving there in the next year or two. Thanks
Aug 20, 2015 01:42
GUEST66140 Hello!
We will be moving to sanya next month with a 3.5 year old for 6 months. It would be wonderful to get some information regarding apartment rental, grocery, kids activities and basic informations for day to day life. Also is it possible to hire a car with someone who can drive us around and help with basic translation?
We will be working in the Clear Water Bay area so where can we rent apartments nearby. And any pre-k institutions for the kid?
Thanks in advance.
Nov 5, 2015 05:10
  • MMORGAN
Hi, we have the similar plan to move to Clear Water Bay area as a family of four from the UK. We stayed in Ruffles in Clear Water Bay. We are also looking for a suitable home-education place for our 7 and 9 years old kids. So far, i do not think there is a nursery nearby the Clear Water bay, and the only international school in Sanya is near the city centre. The apartment rent in Clear Water Bay does not look expensive comparing the rent in big cities in China. I can send you some links if you drop me a message on hotmail.com|mongrel_morgan.....We rent a car with a driver when we were there in Sept, and i also can send you the link for this company, or there are so many bus routes from Clear Water bay to other bays and the city centre and the cost is only 8-15 RMB. We plan to stay in Clear Water bay again in Dec to explore more daily life for a family before our relocation.
Nov 5, 2015 05:12
  • MMORGAN
Sorry, the email is hotmail.com|mingren_morgan
Last edited by MMORGAN: Nov 5, 2015 05:13
Jul 2, 2016 06:45
GUESTFATEH B...
Hi guys;

I am right now living in Phuket/Thailand and planning to move Sanya. I am from turkey and I am a photographer. Actually not just a photographer. I have entertainment backround and i can make event, organization and live shows easly. I can speak German, Russian, English and as well Turkish.

My point to move sanya is i like chinese culture and i like to live in a tropical modern place. Yes Phuket is nice but not for me. Laws and rules are so complicate. if you are running business here you most pay money to many police officer, lawyer, offices and etc...

Just want to live a place in peace and happiness.

Waiting your comment and advice.

Thanks...
Jul 19, 2016 06:48
GUEST52853 Interested in Hainan island I am a golfer so the cost of golf for a retired person like myself is important. I understand Sanya area is good. But I see areas with many golf courses. Many people writing here are working? I am a retired airline employee so travel is less expensive. Not sure about visit But I have had Chinese visa before. I believe one was for 6 months from possible employer. I live in Chiang Mai,Thailand now. 15 Years in Nov, time for a change. I am have had a work permit to teach golf in Thailand for 6 of the years here. Not sure I want to work but I would if there was good reason. I am a great Teacher of many sports. So work is possible if there is a need.

I'll be having a ear operation, Sufer's ear in OCT so I'll be back in the water again.

I am a sailor and scuba diver.Haing done most everything but not jumping from good airplanes.

I am sure costs are higher than Thailand. Not sure about studio costs and food.

Transportation? Can I buy a car? I have a 4wd in thailand but I do not think I could take it there? I guess driving on RH side as all china less HKG?

Anyone out there that has time to HELP.

Bob Marshall hotmail.com|paixgolf
Page 7 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: expat life on hainan island, south
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code