Menu
marriage of a chinese woman
Sep 7, 2007 15:24
  • BREEN
I've read some of the peoples info on here but just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
I've met a girl in Chongqing and I'm heading back to see her in a couple weeks for the second time. We have decided to marry and I want to make sure I have somewhat of an idea of what's going on. A blood test is no longer required.? I need to show proof that I am divorced and it needs to be translated into chinese? Is that something that can be done here in the U.S. or once I return to China? For us to be married in Chongqing, is there anything else I should take care of here in the U.S. or need to bring with me back to China for us to be married?
thanks to anyone who can help with the info.
Sep 7, 2007 17:47
  • GRIZ326
I know that Roger married a woman from Guangzhou and knows that process. The translation is better/more affordably done in China if you are not short on time. You do have to prove that you are eligible to marry. You had better bring your birth certificate just in case...although I think your passport will suffice. Some where along the line I read that you needed to have a letter from your Sheriff or District Attorney asserting that you are not wanted for any crime and are not a convicted felon - but I do not remember where I read that.

Like I say, Roger will know about getting married in China.

...and both of us will recommend Roger Lin in Nanning to do the paperwork to bring your wife back home with you.
Sep 7, 2007 18:54
  • BREEN
Hey, once again thanks for the advice.
But who is Roger Lin? Where do I find his contact info?
Sep 7, 2007 20:07
  • HEIDI
On the Left of this page, there is a clolumn called Members (just under the Column of China Photo Album), click it, you can find Poger on the first page or the second. Send him a message to ask your question.

Good Luck!
Sep 7, 2007 22:37
  • BREEN
Thanks Heidi,
guess I need to look around the site a little more...:-)
Post a Reply to: marriage of a chinese woman
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code