Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Oct 11, 2009 02:50
  • APAULT
Cory. Can you explain more please? Are yousaying you were denied a visa beause you said 'no' to criminal convictions, but had one as a minor? Did they say this was the reason? I don't know how they found out, did they comment? What nationality are you? This is all rather surprising

If you have been denied a visa there is normally nothing you can do, especially if the reason is valid. Go to another country instead :) Or be patient and try again after 5 years.
Oct 22, 2009 04:23
GUESTGEEGIRL I have just been rejected today but the chineseconsulate for declaring a minor offence of stealing as a servant/clark. I was shocked that even though i did delcare all paperwork and ticked yes that they would deny me a tourist visa. I am australian female. 19 years. I am planning on reapplying through the melb office for the reason i applied in sydney with admitting to it.
I am going to tick no and hope that they dont check.
What is the punishment for lying on this if caught? we leave next month for around the world and we are spending 6 weeks in china. Does anyone have any idea if they do actually check or if its random? my partner was approved but mine rejected.
Oct 24, 2009 01:14
GUESTGEE_GIRL hi. what consulate did u go through?
Oct 26, 2009 21:58
GUEST22139 I was wondering if anybody had any opinions as to whether or not the probability of a background check might depend visa you apply for. Do you think that they more likely to run a check on a work visa than a visitor visa, or are they equally likely to just push both through?
Nov 11, 2009 21:34
GUEST87220 HI. I have a less extensive criminal record than the guy above me. (only one misdemeaner stalking charge from four years ago). Earlier this year I lied and said I had no record and got the visa. I'm thinking from now on I should tell the truth in case they do check since the guy above got his visa. Would you recommend this? What will it be like 10 years from now.
Nov 13, 2009 13:58
GUEST83158 Just wanted to offer my 2 cents - I was convicted of a first offense DUI (misdemeanor in GA) in 9/09 and successfully received a Chinese tourist VISA. I acknowledged I had a criminal record and simply attached a piece of paper describing the incident and how I had fulfilled all of my rehabilitation and had learned from my mistake. No problems whatsoever and I am all set to spend Christmas and New Years in China.

Also, I did not apply in person and used visaexpress.net instead.
Nov 13, 2009 19:04
GUEST11338 Hello!
I have read through all the previous posts and they are very helpful. I have a previous bench warrant out for my arrest, and I am in the process of paying off the fees of missing a court date. The bench warrant will still appear on my record until the whole fine has been paid. I am leaving for China on December 11th, and will be applying for my Visa within the next week and a half. I was wondering if anyone has applied for a Visa with a bench warrant on their record. I will have the fines paid and the bench warrant released before I leave the country, however I will be applying for the Visa before the bench warrant is removed. I have to purchase my plane ticket, so I can get my passport immediately (need proof of travel), and I would hate to get denyed a Visa, and lose the money that I purchased for my plane ticket. Besides, a criminal background what other characteristics can get you denyed a Visa? Thank you in advance for your answers.
Nov 16, 2009 07:36
GUEST48132
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST37589

As I keep saying just say "no". they don't check. What part of saying "no" do you not understand? But I also have to beg the question. Why don't you just meet a chinese woman who is already here?

Actually, they do check with the local police department and saying no will probably get you band from travel or deported in country.
Nov 18, 2009 00:04
GUEST87220 no they don't check. I went there recently and checked "no" and i was accepted.
Nov 24, 2009 22:21
GUEST59242 will any non violent sexual crimes prevent a Visa? im sorry for the repeated question. however, I cant quiet my mind, Thanks, and has anyone tried for an immigration visa? Thank you for your time.
Page 15 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code