Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Jan 17, 2010 17:13
GUEST87220 So why are so many reporting that they did NOT have to provide a police certificate?
Jan 18, 2010 08:03
GUEST18158 I have obviously done a fair amount of research on this as I have an actual job offer and needed to know if there was any point in proceeding with my application for a z class visa.These are some articles I read. It appears that they are only recent additional rquirements which explains why some people have said that they did not need to produce this certificate. I have written to the Chinese embassy in London asking them to confirm as I would like to know for sure

http://boscoho.com/09Joomla/china-employment-z-visa

http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2008/08/28/criminal-record-certificates-to-be-required-for-china-work-visas.html

http://pandavisa.com/Application/ChinaVisa_Z.aspx
Jan 19, 2010 09:37
  • APAULT
China has rules and rules, some are enforced, some are enforced sometimes, and some are enforced on Thursdays with odd dates when the officiating officer had fish for lunch but did not have rice, except if he had fried rice with egg.

Just get on and apply.
Jan 26, 2010 18:58
GUESTCHINABOUND Yes, I have read the 18 pages of individuals asking but I understand there have been some changes to regulations at the end of last year. My question is...

Has anyone applied with a felony record since mid-Nov 2009 and been approved? If yes, did you disclose or not disclose you record?
Jan 29, 2010 23:38
GUEST87220 I went as a tourist for last summer and I have a misdemeanor stalking charge. I checked "no" and nothing happened. I went had a good time and came back
Feb 9, 2010 20:13
GUEST45147 I applied for a Visa through Travisa in San Francisco. I have two felonies in the same case from 1983, marijuanna cultivation and marijuanna posession for sale. A year and a half ago I got a misdeamor for drunk and disorderly. I checked the box stating I had a criminal record and sent an explaination and court records. My visa waas denied. I received no explaination from Travisa.
Feb 13, 2010 04:47
  • APAULT
Maybe the last Guest should have read this thread in advance.
Feb 13, 2010 11:27
GUEST17925 Two years ago I was at a restaurant in China and I passed out during the meal. The "wine" I was drinking was very strong. I did not realise the strength. I was taken to hospital and next day I had a friendly interview with the police. I was not charged but I had to reimburse the restaurant owner for the hospital fees. I was told that next time I was in China I should report to the local police station. I was in China for 3 weeks with no other incidents.

What should I. put on my Visa application? Do I say I have a criminal record? Should I say no? After 2 years would the Chinese authorities really be able to check? I don`t think I have a criminal record.
Feb 20, 2010 11:37
GUEST87220 they can always check. howeverr, if you check "yes" most likely you will be denied. It's better to check "no". maybe soon with all this worry about cyber security it will be harder for them to check. under this environment I don't see the US government cooperating to much with them. by the way, there are ways to remove your name from background check sites. some merely involve a request to do so.
Feb 20, 2010 11:40
GUEST87220 what is "Travisa"?
Page 17 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code