Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Nov 3, 2007 07:09
  • DODGER
Guest28190,
You’re Son and his GF’s involvement in the Military would be coded into their passports within their passport number if they have new papers.
Other governments would have this information to be able to detect the movement of military people dressed as civilians.
Just a guess by the way.
Dodger.
Nov 3, 2007 12:03
  • APAULT
Guest28190,

It is uncommon for people have this problem unless there is a reason. Genrally, the rules applied quite laxly. I would be surprised ifthe Army reserves was enough reason - and if Dodger's idea was right, I doubt that they would even have got in.

You haven't said what type of visa they were on. My guess is that although they were 'going for their working papers' they have been working on a tourist visa, OR their employer has no authority to hire foreign staff. It might simply be that they need to exit China and apply from outside, though as they have now been told to leave, that might interfere with a new application. If you can tell us more details it might be easier to work out why. Oh and what province are they in?
Nov 21, 2007 19:54
GUESTGRIMACE Have had criminal convictions relating to dishonesty and class c for cultivation and possession,its quite a long list i am a New Zealand citizen with a chinese girlfriend hoping to visit her family in china soon,am wondering if i should declare or not,if anyone has any knowledge regarding china/new zealand sharing convictions please help....
Nov 23, 2007 09:51
  • APAULT
I wouldn't worry about it. I wouldn't declare anything. There is unlikely to be and data sharing. I have just applied for a visa and there isn't even such a question.
Dec 4, 2007 22:36
GUEST10144 Hello.

I need to know if I can apply for a Chinese visa with a criminal record.

I'm a Canadian Citizen, living in USA with a green card.

In 2004 I pleaded guilty to domestic violence, because I did not have the cash and will be be fighting a loosing battle. My ex wife and I were in a dispute, where the whole thing was turned into something that never happened. Because the laws here in the states are so against domestic violence.

I was misrepresented by my incompetent atturny that I had little choice but to plead quilty for something I did not do. My ex wife was a foreigner herself with and from what I understand now, and little them, she needed this conviction to be able to reside here legally. My attorney told me that this is nothing, can just plead guilty and nothing to worry about. Well if I would have been informed that I would face constant problems entering the USA (my home now) every time I leave and then try to enter again. I have missed flights because I get pulled aside and interrogated every time I enter the USA.

I sure would have tried to handle things differently at that time when I was told that this is nothing, nothing to worry about.

Anyhow, I have been invited for the holidays by a friend in china. She is not Chinese, but lives and works there legally for many years now.

My question is this, what are the chances to obtain a visa for 1 month single entry into china (shanghai) with my criminal record. Apparently i was told it is a full on criminal record, not a misterminer.

I don't want to be arrested for misrepresentation on the application form, both by the Chinese and by the US border patrol,m when I come back.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Dec 7, 2007 21:47
GUEST14153 If you read the application 3.3 then read section3.6 you can see that it will not make you to lose your eligibility. But at the bottom of the application where you sign you must not be misleading or false. I fnow many people that answer yes and add explaniation have no problem but if you answer no and find out you will be bared from ever entering China. So many people have some kind of record and just now on the new application the question has come up,,,, I have been to China 40 times in 12 years but 5 years ago I had aproblem and it did not stop me when the new application and question came up. Answer the truth and simple detailed explanation will be the right thing. You will be surprised,,, only the terroist list will be applied in checking the extent of your record. Even a DUI is a record and how many people have them.
Dec 16, 2007 22:39
GUEST51243 Hi, I have a slightly different situation, and I would really appreciate any advice.
I was arrested a year ago (in my senior year of college) for public intoxication. I was walking home from a bar and some cops were checking out a party across the street from my house - one saw me and they charged me. I am wondering if I need to declare this on my application form for a work visa in China. Please - any advice would be wonderful. Thank you.
Dec 18, 2007 20:30
  • APAULT
Ok, I have just checked the form. You can choose to answer no with a near 100% certainty it won't be checked, or according to the form and what other people have said, you should still get the visa.
Jan 8, 2008 05:52
GUEST14777 Did you go, was your visa approved?????
Feb 23, 2008 14:56
GUESTP C CAN A PERSON GET A TRAVEL VISA TO CHINA WITH A DUI ON THERE RECORD
Page 2 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code