Menu
Visa Application with Criminal Background
Jan 8, 2012 23:20
GUEST39182 I would like to take my 3 children and 3 grandchildren for 2 weeks to Hong Kong for a Holiday. The problem I have is my eldest son is a regestered pedophile the incident was 10 years ago , he has 2 driving convictions since. Will he be allowed into china
Jan 9, 2012 02:09
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST39182

I would like to take my 3 children and 3 grandchildren for 2 weeks to Hong Kong for a Holiday. The problem I have is my eldest son is a regestered pedophile the incident was 10 years ago , he has 2 driving convictions since. Will he be allowed into china

There should be no problem. You just don't put in on the visa application documents. By the way, where are you from? Some natonalities don't need a visa to travel to Hong Kong.
Feb 1, 2012 09:16
GUEST64126 I am going to answer "no" to the question regarding previous convictions on the visa application. So I'll be a bit concerned that I might be rejected. Thus, I won't make reservations at a hotel for fear of losing my money. So how do I answer question about where I am staying? Should I just look up the address of a random hotel in the city I'm visiting and just use that? Do they even check that info? I would think not.
Feb 1, 2012 21:22
GUEST45812
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST64126 View Post

I am going to answer "no" to the question regarding previous convictions on the visa application. So I'll be a bit concerned that I might be rejected. Thus, I won't make reservations at a hotel for fear of losing my money. So how do I answer question about where I am staying? Should I just look up the address of a random hotel in the city I'm v...

In most cases, they won't check that info. But they might ask you to offer the booking order information.
Feb 3, 2012 22:33
GUEST64126
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST45812

In most cases, they won't check that info. But they might ask you to offer the booking order information.

Well, i will going from the US to Manila, staying there a few weeks and then making my plans for the trip to China. So, at the time of submission (visa app) I wont have a specific place of residence. Since my last post i have contacted a visa agent here in my city and he's reiterated what everyone has said here regarding how to answer the question. He also said that if you say yes, there's a very good chance you'll be denied. For tourist visas he assured me that they never ask for any booking info or itineraries. When you think about it, how much information can the chinese consulate gather without having your SS number anyway. Like a previous poster said, much ado about nothing.
Feb 13, 2012 20:58
GUEST16219 exactly. it's very foolish to admit to having a conviction.
Mar 4, 2012 14:43
GUEST18164 Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I've been to China for 10 days before but that was before I got arrested. Got arrested for ID fraud (borrowed a friends ID to enter a bar/buy alcohol) and I was 16. Only problem is that 16 in my country is adult so I was given a police warning. Is that a full on criminal record? I did not get charged and did not have to go to court etc
Mar 5, 2012 03:31
  • CHERYL
I don't thiin it will matter for your visa application.
Mar 19, 2012 12:17
GUESTJOHN Hello everyone, im a Canadian citizen and i have a criminal record. I got arrested 2 years ago for driving under the influence of alcohol. I didnt get a pardon yet (meaning my record is still not erased from the system). The problem is that im going to china this summer and i need a visa. I was wondering if i should check «no» on the application when they ask me if i have a criminal record. If i do so, are they going to check if i actually have a criminal record? I mean, when im going to apply for the visa, is my criminal record going to show up automatically when they search my name??? im really nervous....
Mar 20, 2012 01:19
GUEST52332334 GUESTJOHN,

I guess that you already have your answer after reading this long post. It doesn't matter if you check "No" on your application letter. Good luck!
Page 34 of 47    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa Application with Criminal Background
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code