Menu
Visa F, marriage and stay in China
Jun 14, 2008 11:18
  • APAULT
Yes, you are normally granted another visa on the basis of staying with family.
Jun 15, 2008 22:24
GUESTDJWOLFF Hello!!

I am working on an F Visa as an English and Spanish teacher! My mother language is Spanish but I have a degree in Foreign Language teaching. I have five weeks in China already. Can I switch to Z visa in August (terrible timing, my visa expires on 08.18.2008)? Or can I just extend my current one? This was my first extension?

I appreciate your help in advance.

DJWolff
Jun 17, 2008 00:52
  • APAULT
There is no such thing as an extension. You apply for a new visa, one suited to the latest requirements, Z, F, L or whatever. To get a Z visa you will need to have a job offer with an organisation that has permission to employ foreigners....and then they should be able to handle it for you. You must normally (99.999% probability) have to exit the mainland to get it. Unfortunately, that date is during the bloody Olympics and you might find it hard to get a visa in the usually easy spots like HK. But if you can wiat there for a coupel of weeks or so.... we might get back to some level or normality again. I would say you are unlikely to get another tourist visa in China.... or it will be for 7 days to allow you time to get out!

Jun 17, 2008 05:47
GUESTDAVED Hi Have a look at a response I have just posted in the Expats forum. In addition I was told that I could only get a 3 month visa on the basis of being married . This can be re negotiated 3 times...for three months only..then on the fourth time I would be eligible for a 6 month visa and the following time they would grant me a 1 year visa. At the moment I am on a 9 month working visa which expires in September. I think it will just be easiest for me to try for that one again. Hope this helps. Its a pretty dead end street because in effect they dont want foreigners living here. They are happy to use us up but don't seem to like to give much in return. However, it's their country and they can do as they please. I will stay for as long as it suits me. My wife is busting to get out but I want to do some traveling first. Good luck! It sounds like you will need it.
Jun 17, 2008 23:01
GUESTGUESTMARO after you marry, you will need to go with your wife to the visa office, and apply for visiting family visa. it can be for 1 year, and after that, you can extend it again for another one year. they told me it can be extended whenever you want. after 5 years of stay in China, you can apply for residence permit.
Jun 17, 2008 23:12
GUESTGUESTMARO when I came to China, my business visa F was for 1 month only. I married a chinese girl and went with my wife to the visa office and applied for visiting family visa L, for one year, and I was told I can extend it before it expires. as many times as I want. this is very convenient. after 5 years I can get the permanent residence.
but with visa L you are not allowed to work (not legal), me I have my business and work in internet so this is not a problem for me. so if you want to work legally, you will need to find an employer and apply for Visa Z and a residence permit.
marriage registration takes just 15 minutes and you will need:
1- passport
2- certificate of non marital status original in english and a translated version into chinese.
the bride will need her family book.
applying for the visiting family (L) visa in the "entry and exit office" will take around 7 working days. but they will need a paper from police station about your residence. this paper you will get it from the police station responsable of the area where you live.
I hope these will help
Jun 22, 2008 01:31
  • BHAVIN
Hi , this is Bhavin from India . I just visit to my Girl Friend home in China on visitor visa - 30 days stay .I want to extend my visa. If I marry her then can I get extention to stay in china for atleast 6 months.So according to that we can fix the mairraige.
Jun 25, 2008 04:40
  • MOSSIMO
hello, Bhavin, I think if you can get an L visa for visiting your spouse once you get married.

But as it gets closer to the Olympics, no body can assure you a 6 month visa.

As you can see from GUESTDAVED's story, he only got a 3 month visa after his marriage.
Mar 2, 2024 05:46
GUESTCODYEAM From honoring parents with gifts on holidays to knowing when to bow their heads in greeting senior citizens they have actually just met, respect is a fundamental part of maintaining family bonds, which is another significant part of Vietnamese culture, even when dating someone new or living far from home. 5. However, the mothers-in-law will make life complicated for the bride, as they choose an Asian who understands her son's culture to an immigrant, specifically if he's the very first child in the household. He can provide me a much better life. You can meet singles in Houston Actually and have an understanding of When you have something in popular. Send a flirt to see if you get one back. Skype is generally the next action for some women and guys, and it is the finest thing to use given that it can let you satisfy another people very first online without needing to see them personally.

This puts Swirlr at the best of your list for locating interracial dates Whilst you take a trip. Our website has been a beginning point for countless dates throughout The United States and Canada. I hope this Asian dating site can help me to find my perfect match. Though FarmersOnly might not appear like an Asian dating site you 'd normally pick, our success stories might assist persuade you, we're worth it. Asian singles have the chance to meet other Asians through our website due to the fact that we have a database of Asian singles in backwoods looking to find their match. FarmersOnly enables Asian singles to widen their search to surrounding towns and towns that might have otherwise appeared out of reach. But you will need to Blend online and offline dating! , if I found you I assure that I will offer all my love and care coz I'm an affectionate and sweet person.. Taking the time to be knowledgeable about and go over any misunderstandings will allow your relationship to stay healthy and continue to thrive. By having an understanding of the culture's background, there is the capacity for much deeper insight into your connection with the individual you are dating, offering a more meaningful relationship in the long run.

This detailed guide gives you the building-blocks to create a genuine, enduring connection. 5. Be familiar with your potential love match: You have actually made a connection and now it's time to learn a little bit more about your prospective match. Trying to discover is an unique dating site that caters to varied connection kinds, like sugar dating. How do I find Asian songs near me? Many backwoods are extremely heavily populated by European Americans, embeded in their own methods and culture, so if you're of Asian ethnic culture, you may feel as though you are standing alone in a congested space of songs. Gift-giving is a big offer in Asian culture, so make it count. Whether you seek an array of Asian dating possibilities or want to get in touch with somebody who shares your interests, we streamline the procedure. It makes general feeling, provided how much simpler it is actually to find a partner by searching sites with powerful match algorithms in place of simply stumbling about in general public, wanting to seek out a person who's both ideal and equally singular with you. We've location jointly top ranked Houston locations which are best for dating. A lot of Asian individuals do not like to overshare or simply call individuals friends whenever they understand them for 5 minutes, which supplies a Phony effect that they are cold.

Many guys wish to date an Asian woman, but it's constantly a difficulty to start relationships with ladies of another culture. If you're an immigrant wanting to date a Chinese woman, make certain you keep these things in mind! And while there are almost 20 million Asians residing in the US, it can be challenging to find similar Asians trying to find love in your area. Center Online Asian dating inside the United states of america has ended up being a little bit difficult up until eventually a short while earlier, as there weren't a lot of dating sites that dealt with Asian songs. Irrespective of whether you take place to be Asian oneself, or else you wish to meet Asian males or women, there are a lot of Asian dating websites for you to pick out from. Since it is a known truth that Asian females are extremely conservative since of their culture and they would immediately disregard you if you send them inappropiate messages. Honesty is the very best quality for a representative of Asian culture. Embracing your identity can assist you attract matches who value variety and have an interest in finding out more about your culture. This may help you appear more genuine and show that you have a life beyond dating.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa F, marriage and stay in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code