Menu
lOOking for good (Authentic!!!) western food in Shenyang
Sep 18, 2007 11:41
guestBP hi there! Could anyone pls recommend good western restaurants that offer authentic western food (not pizza hut!) in shen yang? thanks!
Sep 24, 2007 01:43
  • LEMONCACTUS
My experience is that finding authentic Western food in China is pretty difficult, even in so-called Western restaurants. The food tends to be pretty mediocre (at best) and the prices very expensive. Perhaps in Beijing, Shanghai or other metropolitan cities there might be some Westerner-owned Western restaurants.... but I've never been to one in Shenyang. Shenyang does have some great Korean restaurants though .....
Sep 24, 2007 02:14
GUEST60195 thanks for your sharing of info! u might want to visit "I55"in da lian ... it's pretty good =)
Sep 24, 2007 03:59
  • APAULT
Fancy coming to China and wanting western food...strange people!
Dec 18, 2007 11:32
GUEST53199 well i think i have your answer b/c there are a couple of places you can go:
in Heping District there's a place called JIA,
no.432 honghua road, open at 10 close at 2am,
ph# 23876655 they have excellent food and great atmosphere.
Stroller's is a neighbourhood pub/restaurant fair prices for some good food, their in heping Dist. I don't have the address but ph# is 88507111
Rios brazilian bbq is delicious & just as good as authentic western. They're located in the Kempinski hotel on Qing street, shen he district, ph# 82903558.
and of course, other than pizza hut, which you know...there is also a Dairy Queen (inside of a japanese restaurant called Yokinosha or something, have delicous hotdogs in Huang Gu District at hi mall as well as the
and zhong jie near to Walmart, across from mcdonald's.
and there are also subway sandwich stores with many locations. Heping district, huang gu, zhong jie, tiwen jie, shi fu da lu, wen hua lu...good luck! hope you find some of these to be helpful. I know I haven't eaten at pizza hut for 3 years now and I don't miss it!
May 31, 2008 11:01
GUEST27181 If one has lived in China for a significant length of time, it isn't that untoward to want a decent Western meal.
Aug 8, 2008 04:16
GUEST28246 Hi,
does anyone knoiw some good night club in Shenyang?
Thank you.
15940515937 Mark
Oct 8, 2010 16:50
  • ALABAMA2010
Ironic, coz everyone is always looking for something thats not there. Why still looking for western food if your in different country?
Oct 18, 2010 11:42
GUEST03613 Don't you every eat Chinese food in a Western Country
Feb 12, 2011 04:11
GUEST33211 People do not typically come to China in search of Western food. However, once we get here and taste what China has to offer we begin to long for Western food. Chinese food is good for two or three days and then it all tastes the same and there is no variety. It is either Chinese food or let's see...Chinese food. And if you get tired of that there is always Chinese food.

Come on! Chinese food is only good if it is one of many foods offered as it is in Western countries. No wonder Chinese people never smile.
Feb 12, 2011 21:01
GUEST6391
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST33211 View Post

People do not typically come to China in search of Western food. However, once we get here and taste what China has to offer we begin to long for Western food. Chinese food is good for two or three days and then it all tastes the same and there is no variety. It is either Chinese food or let's see...Chinese food. And if you get tired of that there...

Hehe, I guess you haven't been used to eat Chinese food and you didn't know much about Chinese food too. Have you ever heard of Eight Cuisines in China?

FYI: http://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/cuisine_drink/cuisine/
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: lOOking for good (Authentic!!!) western food in Shenyang
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code