Menu
Huangshan In December
Mar 22, 2009 22:03
GUEST41712 YOu can leave your major luggage at a Tunxi (Huangshan City) hotel where u spend one nite before or after the mountaint trip. They will keep it for you free, mostly. There is hot water and air condiitioned at hotels up in the mountain, plus warm coats to see the sunset in the morning.
Mar 22, 2009 23:04
  • ELLYSE
Sunrise in the morning... sunset is at dusk!!!
Mar 27, 2009 20:33
GUEST41712 The december temperature at Huangshan averages around zero. If you come from the south, it is cold. Snow generally accumulates in the mountain effective NOv 27 each year, and the West Sea (Xihai) scenic area - very pretty are - was closed from dec 1 to march 31 last year.

In short, you may not able to see as much of huangshan as you would see during the summer. Then, again, the snow add certain beauty to the environment.
Apr 25, 2009 10:55
GUEST21647 I plan to go to Hangzhou from Kuala Lumpur. Can you suggest me how many days and what to do If I want to go to Huangshan and Qingdao. Is there any tour to the two place from Hangzhou? If I don't use tour guide, how can I go to Huangshan and Qingdao? Thank you very much for your kind attention.
May 3, 2009 20:51
  • ELLYSE
Eh, you could always go to Huangshan and Qingdao on your own from Hangzhou.
I'm never a fan of those flag-toting tours, especially for a place like Huangshan. There're unlikely to be many tours to Qingdao in winter as it's not tourist season.
There're buses between Hangzhou and Huangshan city aka Tunxi. To get to Qingdao, I would suggest that you fly.
Nov 9, 2009 07:57
  • YUBNUB
Hello, hope this is the right place to ask this :)

Im planning a visit to Haungshan in December or maybe January (not too sure yet). I am mostly interested in taking photos of the area when there is snow on the ground and on the trees. As well as visiting the top of mount Huang i would also like to descend into the rural lands at the base of the mountain and take some photo's there as well. So i hope you can answer these questions for me

1. Does the snow settle on the lower slopes and fields around the mountain during December and Feburary?
2. Will the local people mind a group of Europeans walking around taking pictures of thier villages and fields in the snow, in particular paddy fields in the snow?
3. Also not sure if this is relevant in this forum but does it also snow at this time in Jiuhuashan and at Lake Taiping and the area around the town of Gantangzhen?

Basically i want to take lots of pictures of China in the snow as this is an aspect of the country not well known over here
Hope that all makes sense and thanks in advance for any advice you can give
Nov 18, 2009 09:13
GUEST56199 I'm toying with the idea of visiting Hangzhou the week of Christmas with my two teenage sons. But not sure if the weather will be too cold or windy. Any advice? The only advantage could be that it's less crowded during this time of the year. Am also quite interested in taking in Huangshan. But wouldn't that be even colder?
Dec 21, 2009 04:01
  • ELLYSE
You might find the following 2 webpages to be of interest for your Huangshan photography and winter weather conditions.
http://www.olegnovikov.com/cptg/anhui/huangshan.shtml
http://www.olegnovikov.com/cptg/anhui/huizhou.shtml
Aug 22, 2011 03:01
  • LYNNIE
I'm planning a trip to Huangshan, West Sea Canyon this December, with my family members, with oldest member 72yrs old and youngest, 10yrs old. Planning a 2 days trip, with a night stay at the summit. My concern is.. Is there any possibility to access West Sea Canyon in December? Could anyone advise... If the answer is not accessible, what is the next best scenic spot in Huangshan, other than West Sea Canyon?
Aug 22, 2011 21:16
  • BL2022
Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNNIE View Post

I'm planning a trip to Huangshan, West Sea Canyon this December, with my family members, with oldest member 72yrs old and youngest, 10yrs old. Planning a 2 days trip, with a night stay at the summit. My concern is.. Is there any possibility to access West Sea Canyon in December? Could anyone advise... If the answer is not accessible, what is th...

The Canyon will be closed on December 1st. Maybe you can go to one of the three peaks of the mountain: Celestial Capital peak, Lotus Flower Peak, Bright Summit Peak. I have been to the Bright Summit to appreciate the sunrise and Clouds of Sea.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Huangshan In December
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code