Menu
Li river boat trip
Oct 8, 2007 16:06
guest79745 Hi,
I am visiting Guilin in November and would really like to go on a boat trip to (or in the direction of) Yangshuo. I know there are a lot of cruises during the day, but I have also read about boat trips at sunrise; has anybody been along the river at sunrise? Was it a lot more expensive than going later in the day? What time of day is the most beautiful?

Thanks,
Sarah
Oct 8, 2007 20:57
  • SUSAN205060
1- We visit Guilin / Yanshuo in Sept & learn that it is the beautiful cruise between Guilin and Yangshuo (P.S.: Lots of people will choose Li river cruise inside guilin city , this is not best choice).

2- It become cold in Nov , so it is not easy to see the sunrise normally.
So we suggest you to choose daytime(good weather) , then the photos you taken will be wonderful.

Enjoy!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng(China Tour Guide)
MSN: hotmail.com|Susan205060
Nov 1, 2007 16:58
GUESTTONY SA... Does anybody have any info on the bus timetables from Guilin to Longshen Rice Fields which is a 3 hour trip.

Also timetables, Cost and distances for the River Li boat trip. Where is the best starting point for this trip.
Nov 2, 2007 21:53
GUESTTONY SA... WE have a question that we sent out 2 days ago. There appears to be 2 replies, so how do we find them??
Nov 2, 2007 22:41
  • DREAMLIFE
Hey, guesttony, you can try this search function on this page: http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum.asp
Hope you can find it. If not, just contact the community moderators.
Nov 3, 2007 03:07
  • CARLOS
Guesttony,
we took a Li river boat trip in Guilin travel agency a day before trip. I think it cost about 400 Yuan / two persons. Bus picked us from our hotel about 7:30 and took us to starting point. Boat trip included lunch. After boat trip bus took us to several places, including a buddish temple and some chrystal museum. Almost all day trip. Very exhausting, but nice day.
Li river and its scenery is beautiful, very, so donĀ“t forget Your camera to Your hotel room, like I did.

Carlos
Nov 7, 2007 02:38
  • GERALDINE
Hi there
we have just returned from Chian and we took a sunrise cruise on the Li River - cost including breakfast was about 70 yuan - trip down the river - watch the sun rising- visit the riverside see the water buffalo and visit the local stalls- back to Xingping for banana pancake breakfast! Wonderful time about 2 1/2 hours.
\Ask any of the local guides in West Street or visit some of the restaurants and bars they have signs up advertising- or in the local hotels- check around for price sbut they do not vary much-
Enjoy it is wonderful.
Nov 7, 2007 02:45
  • GERALDINE
HI there
Guilin to Longsheng- buses run regularly during the day from the bus station in Guilin- not the one at the train station , head out of the train staion and turn left at the main rd - up about two blocks and then turn left - you will find the bus station. When you arrive at Longsheng bus station you will see buses that say Ping'an- take these to get to the Rice fields at Lonji. We have just come back from there and the place is gorgeous, although it has become touristy in the last couple of years. Still- it is amazing and I would recommend a visit- Best place to stay is View Place Inn- right at the top of the hills, reasonable price, great rooms, fantastic views, scrunptious food, lovely people- what more could you ask for.
Steep climb up to the village, pay the 20 yuan and let the locals carry your bags while you wander along and enjoy the walk.
Have a good time
Nov 9, 2007 05:13
  • BILLYBAXTER
We recently took a bamboo raft up the Li river late in the afternoon in the Yangdti region. The scenery was just incredible and it was very quiet just us, the boat-woman and a few small boats. None of those big tourist boats, they must have all returned back to Guilin. It was probably the most magical part of our own 7 week trip.
Nov 11, 2007 10:39
GUEST40158 Hi,
we will be in Guilin in late december/early january. will the Li River cruise still be operating then? do things shut down in the winter?
Nov 16, 2007 14:27
GUEST17175 Hi,
I was in Yangshuo and Guilin in early February of this year (2007) with my Chinese girlfriend and boat trips where still in operation from Guilin, Yangshou, Xeiping and many other places. Mind that the temperatures can be low so take a sweater or coat. Since the number of visitors is low, you can bargain for the trip-price. We paid only 40 Yuan for both of us for a 3 hour trip up the Li river from Xeiping.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Li river boat trip
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code