XIAMEN IN AUTUMN 2007
|Nov 1, 2007 01:44|
Xiamen in Autumn 2007
There are many changes within the last 30 months.
1. Many condominiums have been put up and many more under construction. And now there are high speed elevated highways and exchanges. It is amazing that so much changes now.
2. Gone are the exclusive bicycle lanes since bicycles are much fewer. And more cars. The Xiahe road construction have caused the sidewalks to narrow to about 1.5 meters in some areas.
3. Today many buildings have LED lighting on the exterior and it is attractive and it is better than Shanghai.
4. The streets and sidewalks are well lighted and lamp post are even decorated with multicolor LEDs. So are some flyovers along Jiahe road.
5. Many foods now have chili ingredients. When they tell you it has no chili, there is still a minimal amount. And they use pepper a lot too.
6. Many store spaces have new occupant business. And many old traditional homes are disappearing.
7. The Lianhua supermart on Zhongshan Rd. Once you go past the entry on the 2nd floor, you cannot immediately exit unless you walk through every section and exit on the 3rd floor.
8. There is a shopping mall on the Zhongshan Rd. with limited business retail outlets. It is hard to locate the exit and this year, very few shops are left.
9. There is a 700 meter section of Zhongshan Rd. near the Lujiang Hotel now all pedestrian only.
10. Public bus transport now follow a different route because of road construction. But still cost 1 yuan.
11. The Hao Ching Hsiang delicious food shop does not exist now, that one at Siming S.Rd. The whole area fronting Trust Mart will be turned in multi Condominium zone.
12. There is a big wooden hull sailing boat similar to the one in Evan Almighty movie. It is about 30 meters long by 10 meters wide and 5 meters high within the shopping mall open area near Carrefour in LianChean cor Jiahe Rd.
13. The peanut candy with sesame seeds is delicious and nice to give as presents.
14. The 5th floor fast food atop the Walmart address: Xiahe Rd. World Trade Bldg. Near Railway station does not exist now.
15. Taxis are very new, well maintained. Almost no more dilapidated public buses including articulated ones.
Page 1 of 1 < Previous Next > Page:
Message：( 3000 characters at most )
You can post as a member (login first) or a guest!