Menu
What are your views on soccer hooligans?
Nov 12, 2007 20:17
  • DREAMLIFE
Do you ever hear southbank crew? Perhaps, they were the earliest soccer hooligans. While mentioning soccer hooligans, people must be familiar with England soccer hooligans. In recent years, many soccer hooligans have appeared in Italy. Just several days ago, a serious soccer riot broke out in Italy. A police shot dead a soccer fan on Sunday morning. Till now, the toll of the injured among polices rose to 40 and some police stations were destroyed by soccer fans.

What are your views on those soccer hooligans? Should we call them hooligans or frantic soccer fans?

No.1 England soccer hooligans usually appear in the pubs.

Nov 12, 2007 20:18
  • DREAMLIFE
No.2 Fighting happened.

Nov 12, 2007 20:20
  • DREAMLIFE
No.3
Italian soccer fans threw fireworks into the football pitch.

Nov 12, 2007 20:25
  • DREAMLIFE
No.4
Manchester United's fans were hit by the polices.

Nov 12, 2007 20:27
  • DREAMLIFE
No.5
The newly-happened Italian soccer riot.

Nov 13, 2007 00:55
As I have admitted in an earlier thread, I used to be one of these idiots, now I'm older and wiser I know what a " plonker " I was, thankfully I was never " tooled up " and only used my fists or boots and the odd headbutt.
Today my feelings are it's wrong and should be stamped out, I still love to wind up the other fans as they do with me but we call it " banter ", we can all have a laugh and a beer together without resorting to violence.
What happened in Italy seems to have been a result of the police shooting a fan in error, the police abroad are a bit more extreme, in England it wouldn't happen because the police are unarmed on crowd control.
Alan.
Nov 15, 2007 00:20
  • KEVIN0518
Quote: in England it wouldn't happen because the police are unarmed on crowd control.

Alan, how can the polices cease the riot since they have on arms to suppress them? What I know is that England has paid very much for those football hooligans. Some of them even do bad things outside England. Is there any effective ways to stop them? (Sorry, I am a little bit biased. There are hooligans in other countries.)
Nov 15, 2007 00:49
In England the police know who the main trouble makers are, if say a team from Bristol is playing in London the Bristol police will travel to London to assist the London police to identify the known hooligan to prevent this person getting into the stadium, some are made to report to the local police station at the same time of the kick off to prevent them even travelling, if they fail to turn up at the police station they will be arrested.
Abroad the hooligans go to games armed with knives and sometimes guns with intent of killing or seriously injuring fans, they have taken it to another level, the police there need to be armed to deal with trouble.
Alan.
Nov 16, 2007 00:23
  • KEVIN0518
Alan, thanks for your explanation. Wish all football fans could be more reasonable, not hotheaded. What we want is to enjoy watching fantastic football games, not fighting or bloody incident on football pitch.
Nov 16, 2007 01:24
I hope Egland fans behave tonight in Austria, I know of several of my fellow Bristol Rovers fans who have gone over to Austria, I will have to watch the match in the pub after work, oh dear, that means I have to twist my arm and have a few beers tonight, he he
Alan.
Nov 18, 2007 21:09
  • KEVIN0518
Alan, how was England's match? Did they win or lose their game?
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What are your views on soccer hooligans?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code