Menu
Any Expats in Haikou?
Mar 22, 2011 02:03
GUEST27187 hi i am a chinese girl who is living in haikou now
i have lived in canada in the past ten years
and just come back china couple month ago
do not have friends in this city
if you wanna meet someone who can chat in english meanwhile can teach you some chinese, you can contact me qq.com|18595775
Jun 5, 2011 00:37
GUESTJACK hey buddy glad to meet you~
i can speak english with you. What is more, i am natives of hainan.
If you want to make friend with me, just reply me.
Jun 10, 2011 10:51
  • BRUCIANNA
Hi,

My name is Marian Rosenberg. I'm the general manager of Haikou #1 Translation Agency. We're the first wholly foreign owned and operated translation agency on Hainan Island.

If you need any English or Chinese language services including translation, interpretation, head hunting, or company registration please contact me.

Also, for any expats who are looking to get together for some quality time with other long term residents of Haikou, we have a weekly get together at Coffee World in Guomao every Wednesday afternoon beginning around 4:00.

Marian Rosenberg
General Manager
Haikou #1 Translation Co., Ltd.
(86)1351-883-8911
gmail.com|Marian.Rosenberg
Jun 10, 2011 11:39
GUEST29131 Hi I’m Tracy and I’m 21 years old. I have been offered the opportunity to come and work in Hainan (not sure where about at this point) for a year teaching English in nurseries/pre schools. I am currently studying Child Care and Education in England and work in a pre-school. I have been trying to look up information of similar people doing the same thing or what it’s like on the island. I plan to come out with two friends, who also will b doing the same as me. I was just wondering if anyone could please advise me what the island is like. I’ve herd that its mostly retired people living out there so a little concerned I would get bored in my spare time. Also i was wondering if anyone knew what the crime was like out there (i want to be sure I will b safe). Thank you very much.
Jun 12, 2011 01:58
GUEST25176 Hi Tracy...where you will be working and living on the island will give different answers for your questions?
Jun 22, 2011 00:53
GUEST30117 Hello,

I am a pilot undergoing training here with Hainan airlines. I am British. Here till end july. From what I see crime is low. But no one at all speaks english so you will need to get proficient in chinese.

hope this helps.
Jul 22, 2011 22:08
GUEST06204 hi, i am a student here, native chinese can also speak English. would like to offer you with some translating service.

also i am here to make some new friends. just reply me if you wanna catch me up.

Sep 4, 2011 23:50
GUEST10534 Hello, I have just arrived in Haikou one week ago and the place that I have been put in is too small for my family and I - wife and 3 month old baby - and I wonder if there is any real estate agency that can help me find a suitable place (i.e, an English or even a Chinglish speaker!) that is in the city center area? Thanks in advance.

CD
Sep 13, 2011 11:15
GUEST16426 I am an American an I own a two bedroom aprt o Haidian Dao in Hakou. email me at hainan-letsgo.com|elizabeth for more details
Dec 9, 2011 05:49
GUEST40252 Hi I'm Alvin here, a Malaysian and will be moving to Hainan, particularly Haikou for work by Quarter 1 in 2012.

I am looking for answers to the below: -
1) Where to rent an apartment? How much is the range?
2) Where to get a kindergarten for education (my daughter)?
3) How much is the general cost of living there? (hose rental, car rental, food)?

I am reachble at: gmail.com|alvinyyp too. Thanks in advance.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Any Expats in Haikou?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code