Menu
Getting from Guilin to Yangshuo
Apr 2, 2008 17:30
  • DAVEC
I will be getting a train to Guilin and then travelling down to Yangshuo and was wondering the best and safest option.
I have heard that there are 2 buses going down and to avoid the one from the train station because of pickpockets.
Later in my trip I will be probably doing the river cruise so dont want to do that.
I will have suitcase,camera gear and laptop so need to keep safe.
Any ideas or is anyone doing the journey on monday 5th may and want to give me a lift?
Apr 3, 2008 00:55
  • BARONTWANGLE
You are correct about the two buses. One leaves from right outside the train station, and the other leaves from the bus station (about 8 mins walk from the train station). I have caught both buses on many occasions, and I have never had or heard of a pickpocket problem on either. The only difference is that the one from the station is for the locals, and will stop anywhere and everywhere to pick people up and drop them off. The driver will only put his foot down once the bus is totally full (people sitting in the aisles). This obviously adds time to the journey - usually about 20 - 30 mins. The bus from the bus station is direct with no stops, and is less crowded. Both will cost 12 - 15 yuan. If you have too much luggage to walk the 8 mins to the bus station, then you could get a taxi there - just 2 mins.
Apr 3, 2008 08:36
  • DAVEC
can I get taxi from guilin to yangshuo and if so what sort of price am i looking at?
Apr 3, 2008 10:15
  • ELLYSE
Yes. Reckon on about 200 RMB.
Apr 3, 2008 14:08
  • BARONTWANGLE
Ellyse - I think you are going on prices from at least a couple of years ago. Fuel prices have gone up hugely recently, as have the taxi fares.

If you get a metered taxi, then you will be looking at nearer 300 Yuan. You might be able to get a ride for 200 from a dodgy guy in a van, but if I were Dave, I would get a taxi from the train station to the bus station, and then get the direct bus for 15 yuan. The total won't be more than 25 yuan, and will at most, take only ten minutes longer than than a direct taxi all the way. If you share the taxi with 3 others, then it just about starts to make sense, otherwise it seems rather silly.
Apr 3, 2008 16:31
  • DAVEC
One thing I didnt mention was my train arrives at 0651, very early. Do the buses run that early in the day?
Apr 3, 2008 21:49
  • ELLYSE
Yes, you'll at least have the local buses to go by.
Read http://www.yangers.com/Guilin_to_Yangshuo.htm for more information.
Post a Reply to: Getting from Guilin to Yangshuo
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code