Menu
The most interesting thing that you find about Chinese culture
Apr 21, 2008 03:37
guestliterature China has a history of 5,000-year profound culture. Its rich culture allured millions of foreigners to visit China in oder to explore its profound culture. Having been acquainted with Chinese commons, what do you find is the most interesting thing about Chinese culture? The beautiful legends? The great poems? Or the valued artifacts? Or the unique wedding custom?... Do you have any anecdotes about your interaction with Chinese people and the folk custom?
Jul 21, 2010 07:28
GUEST51179 Hw is it like to wear Qibao? Whatis their chinese wedding culture?
Jul 22, 2010 04:19
GUESTHAYDEN First, RED is the color of weddings in Chinese traditional wedding ceremony. Qipao is also red in color if the bride want to wear it at her wedding ceremony.
then, before the wedding day, the bride will stay with her family, this is time for her to mourn the loss of her family or friends..Her friends will give the new couple gifts in red envelopes or decurated boxes.
On the wedding day, the groom will pick the bride from her family before the noon, a wedding reception is necessary, which is hold either in or out of their new house. Sometimes, in hotels instead.

Qipao is popular this year, but if you see anyone wears a red one, she is possibly newly married. LoL
Jul 26, 2010 12:12
  • DAVEC
There are 2 things that fascinate me, first is the amount of items that were invented in China way before the west got to see them, not just the obvious ones.
But also acupuncture, I have had it to help wrist injuries and it works for me. The question is how could the theory of acupuncture come alive, I mean how can someone come up with a list of acu points to place the needles for particular illness. Some of the points are totally unrelated to the illness, for headaches sometimes needles go in the feet?? fascinating ideas
Jul 31, 2010 22:37
GUESTDEREK haha, good point about the inventions, that is what we Chinese are proud of. Acupuncture is magic invention too, which closely cling to Chinese medicine and treatment history, or sometimes, martial arts. But I am afraid of being treated with those long and thin needles and never would like to have a try, looks terrible even I don't know if they will pain my body.
Sep 16, 2010 04:12
  • DAPHNEB
I am curious about religious rites in China which I saw from movies - have a Mass read for the repose of one's soul. something like superstition.

and about Chinese Kung Fu, Qinggong & Qigong are terrific.
Post a Reply to: The most interesting thing that you find about Chinese culture
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code