Menu
Which country's nationals are the most phlegmatic?
May 23, 2008 05:04
  • OLIVETREE
Different nationals have different national characters. Generally speaking, national characters are most exhibited when a nation is in face of danger and disaster. Needless to say, you might have observed the national characters of Chinese people in the face of the earthquake. I can’t help thinking about a report about British people’s reaction of the “Terror Attack on London” on July 7. The author seems to say that phlegm has been part of Britain’s national characters. Queen Elizathbeth who was a kid during the Second World said to British people after “July 7 terror attack” that people of her generation have been used to such brutal terror attack”. Now that Britain can get through the bomb attack by Germany in the Second World War, Britain can overcome the illusive terror cell. Queen Elizabeth might be right. British people have been phlegmatic over the years. In the 1990s, the IRA (Irish Republican Army) launched endless terror attacks on Britain, but British people’s lives have hardly been affected. In my opinion, British people are the most phlegmatic. How about the current young people of Britain? Do they inherit the characteristics from their forefathers?
May 23, 2008 09:29
  • DODGER
I may be a little bias here, but I think that is a part of the culture there.
The IRA only attached soft targets like hospitals and a young girls wedding once. Her legs where blown off. After her recovery she completed the wedding ceremony.
The London underground bombing was the latest.
But this inner strength is probably in all of us.
China is demonstrating it now.
Dodger.
May 25, 2008 22:47
  • LEONARDO
Ditto.

The inner strength is in all of us. The strength of love and humanity has the immense power. Sometimes, it was beyond our expectation. China is demonstrating its national strength.
Post a Reply to: Which country's nationals are the most phlegmatic?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code