Menu
The Origin of Children's Day
May 30, 2008 03:52
  • SUNNYDREAM
Happy Children's Day, everyone! Hehe!

I have a question about Children's Day. China's Children's Day falls on June1. What about the holiday in your country? Any country doesn't celebrate Children's Day? I read an article saying that Japan's Children's Day is May 5.What gifts will you give your children or your relatives'children? Did you receive some gifts on Children’s Days? When you were children, what gifts you expected most from your parents on Children's Days? What about the origin of Children's Day? Where does it originate from?
May 30, 2008 23:25
  • JSUMMERS83
I've always been curious about that myself. What is the origins of Children's Day?

In America we have Children's Day...but we call it Christmas! Kids (and some adults as well) look forward to Christmas in America just as much as kids here in China look forward to Children's Day.
Jun 1, 2008 21:26
  • ICEBLUE
My friend said: Children's day is said to be originated from Turkey. Initially, It iwas a religious holiday.
Jun 6, 2008 11:55
GUEST10108 I remembered Children's Day as being on the 2nd Sunday in June. If I remember correctly it was even listed on the calendar as such. It was a very special day for children ages 0-11. At our church we had a Children's Day program and it was also the Sunday School Promotion Day where you were promoted to the next class. Children's Day was very special because everything that was done was for the children.
One of the repliers stated that it was Christmas. That was not as we saw it. It was what it was intended--"Children's Day". Christmas had its day, Easter had its day, Mother's Day had its day, Father's Day had its day, etc. Some years past, one of the ladies at my present church, sent me a note during service asking what happened to Children's Day and wasn't it once listed on the calendar. I think that it should be reinstated as a day of recognition of our children. I still like the 2nd Sunday in June. I know that Mother's Day is the 2nd Sunday in May and Father's Day is the 3rd Sunday in June. Let us make it a family affair. Don't be negative when it comes to our children and say that we don't need another holiday. It is not a holiday, but a day of recognition for our children. We need to do all we can to save our children. Think About It!!!
Post a Reply to: The Origin of Children's Day
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code