Menu
Visa to China with recent dui on record
Jan 7, 2010 00:00
GUEST87220 appault I don't really understand your last post. Who is Michael? Also you said get an L Visa? But I want to work and you need a Z visa and now you can't really rely on changing the visa inside china or can you? In other words your using a lot of jargon I don't understand.
Jan 22, 2010 11:17
GUEST37152 Hey did you tick no on the visa and was it all ok?? I've got a record and am going there in March and just want to make sure it will be ok.Thanks
Jan 23, 2010 09:33
  • APAULT
GUEST87220. First, Michael is an agent referred to in a post....I am unsure about some of the content or the reliability.

Ideally, if you are going to work you should get your Z visa before leaving. You are quite right that you cannot be sure of getting a Z visa inside China mainland, though for most nationalities it can usually be obtained in HK without any trouble ...of course getting a Z visa requires the employer to do all the appropriate supporting paperwork
Jan 26, 2010 15:47
GUEST25372 When are you leaving for China and where are you teaching? That is what I want to do.
How long ago did you have the dui's?
Jun 9, 2010 02:45
GUEST15977
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST16760 View Post

I am sure that you already know this since your question was about one or two years ago. I just applied for my chinese L visa because I am going to China to teach English. I have two DUI's on my record and admitted that on the application with a VERY brief explanation of what happened. I was issued my visa with absolutely no problems. I read s...

I just left the Chinese Consulate after telling them I had 1 DUI (with a brief explanation as well) and the worker said that it was "very very very hard to approve anyone with a criminal record" and that "it wasn't worth my time applying" so I don't know exactly how your story transpired but for anyone else reading, know that there is a risk and it's not 100% fail proof. I was planning on teaching in China, and now that's totally out of the question. Thankfully the worker didn't officially "deny" my application request (and thereby force me to acknowledge that if I ever try again in the future) she just told me, you're not going to get approved so don't try. She said it was her instructions not to approve the visa and there was nothing she could do about it. I'm going into law and so there was a question of ethics involved for me that led me to disclose the criminal record, otherwise I probably would not have said a word. Just an FYI for anyone using these blogs as guidance.
Jun 13, 2010 23:37
GUEST87220 Of course the next question you must ask is if you do mark "no" will they really check or take your word for it?
Feb 26, 2011 22:27
GUESTSHAWNA I am traveling to Indonesia soon and I recently sent off for my passport. I have a couple of misdemeanor's nothing serious but I am afraid my visa will be denied. Should i admit to everything or check no on the visa form. It is unfortuneate they do not have a character form because I am a good person but just made stupid decisions. I see on the form they do not ask for your social, isn't that the only way they can check your background? Over half american citizens have a misdemeanor or two. I honestly think if they were to turn down everyone with the slightest criminal record no on would be getting visas. So should i just play dumb and check no? I do not like lying but in this case I totally would if i knew i could see my boyfriend who lives in Indonesia.
Mar 4, 2011 07:18
  • APAULT
There is a major thread on this topic so please check it out.....in summary: there's no evidence of visas being refused for small offences and equally the authorities do not check....indeed what/where can they check? Does China have access to 200 nations criminal databases??????
Jun 6, 2011 15:29
GUEST20209 You may not respond as this was written well over a year and a half ago...but I too am wanting to teach English abroad in China but have had one DUI, im so scared that this will cause me not to be able to go...I see it wasnt a problem for you and was seeing if i could get your email to discuss this further? or to get the other gentlemens email who helped you. thanks and hope to hear from you.
Jun 14, 2011 12:26
GUESTRICHIE FYI: I am in Wuhan, China now for 2 months. I have been told by friends ( drivers ) that DUI's are being enforced during traffic stops, with severe fines and imprisonment.

Many of my friends will not even have a beer or a glass of wine at dinner now, if they are driving. They are so afraid of the consequences.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Visa to China with recent dui on record
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code