Menu
going to shantou (pls guide me!)
Feb 3, 2005 16:05
  • RICO
our flight is from manila via canton to shenzhen & hongkong
me and my boss wants to go to shantou for business trip. which is convinient to us:
a. by bus b.by train c.by plane
from to bus train plane
shenzhen shantou
shenzhen hongkong
hongkong shantou
how long is the trip and what station will we start
we will be visiting china this coming feb 25th
i hope your guide will help us
thank you for your concern
rico from philippines
Feb 3, 2005 16:20
  • ANTHEA
Hi Rico
I'm not sure if you'll fly to Hongkong? Shenzhen? or Guangzhou?
From Hongkong to Guangzhou or Shenzhen, both bus or train are ok. Take a bus from HK airport is the most convenient way in my opinion.

From guangzhou to Shantou, there are daily flights which will take you less than one hour, or a 3 to 4 hours bus ride.

Si I think you'd better first work out your route, then find out how to get to your destinations.
Feb 4, 2005 00:08
  • ARTIST
hi rico
Quangzhou would be a good starting point to get to shantou, it is very central and many mode of transport, plane, train, coach etc. from Hk it will be quite a long journey and you may still need to get to GZ to transit.
Feb 4, 2005 01:37
  • SKYLINECN
Hi,RICO,

It depends how many days you want to stay there. Since it is a business trip, it would be the best way to take a taxi between shenzhen and shantou. This Feb. falls into the Chinese New Year season. And it is difficult to get a train ticket.
Aug 12, 2008 04:30
GUEST01117 I AM EBRAHIM
I WILL TRAVEL TOCHINA AND I WANT TO VISIT QANGZHO-GOUZHEN-SHUANTUO-FUJIAN-AND PUJIANG
PLEASE GUIDE ME HOW I CAN GO TOTHER AND HOW LONG IS DISTANCE
Aug 12, 2008 20:46
  • ELLYSE
Qangzho = Guangzhou?
Gouzhen = ???
Shuantuo = Shantou?
These and Pujiang are cities, Fujian is a province. Where do you really want to go in that province?
Aug 13, 2008 22:53
  • GORGE
Hi Rico,
If your flight from Manila to SHenzhen & Hong Kong, the best way from Shenzhen & Hong Kong to Shantou is:
1) take by the flight from Hong Kong to SHantou CZ 312 (11:15--12:10). this is only one flight daily.
2) You can take the bus from Hong Kong to Shantou directly.
3) You can take by shuttle bus from Hong Kong airport to SHenzhen and then transfer the long bus from Shenzhen to Shantou lasting about 4 hours and pirce is about RMB 150.
4) You can take by the train No N632 (572km, 15:11--23:20 ) from Shenzhen to Shantou lasting about 8 hours 9 minutes.
Get more information or budget trip, please see your message box and contect with me. It is my pleasue to help you.
Oct 23, 2008 03:58
GUESTMICHELE i need a train our bus from zhantou to shenzhen in the afternoon 4 clock
how many km
thanks for reply

Nov 10, 2008 20:24
GUEST84149 I am planning to go Hong Kong in May 2009.
1. Fom Hong Kong to Shantou : by bus v.s train . What is the cost and time on both transportation.?
2. From Shantou to Shanghai : which is the best way and effective ? Is there a fast train to get there? or by plane only.
3. If not to Shanghai, can you suggest an interesting place to go from Shantou ? Or something interesting to do ? I am taking my mom to visit her home town in Shantou and would like to take her to travel and play a little.

Thanks for your help.
Nov 10, 2008 21:04
  • ELLYSE
1) There's no direct Hong Kong -- Shantou train (not sure if there's direct bus), you'd be better off going via Shenzhen or Guangzhou. For Shenzhen, take the light blue KCR East Rail line to Lowu (http://www.mtr.com.hk/images/MTR_routemap.jpg) and walk across the border. For Guangzhou, there're direct trains from Hung Hom stop in Kowloon (http://www.it3.mtr.com.hk/B2C/UserPage/sysTimeTable_Eng.asp), also on the light blue KCR East Rail line -- these arrive at Guangzhou East train station.

Shenzhen -- Shantou train:
N632/N633 (1511--2320) 8h09min

Guangzhou East -- Shantou trains:
N621/N624 (0826--1652) 8h26min
N628/N625 (1455--2140) 6h45min

Or from Shenzhen's Luohu long-distance bus station (also at the border), there're buses leaving for Shantou every 20 mins 0730--2140. Fare is 170 RMB, journey time 4 hours. This sounds like a more convenient option than train.

2) Plane. There's no direct train for this route, and it's too far to be comfortable by bus.

3) Don't know what to recommend as you've provided no information on sightseeing interests and preferences. Probably try going to the Hakka roundhouses in Fujian province, and Xiamen?
Nov 28, 2008 02:16
GUEST22236 please help me how to go by train from Shanghai to Shantou or fro Yiwu to Shantou and back.
Page 1 of 7    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: going to shantou (pls guide me!)
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code