Menu
Surfing in China
Mar 21, 2010 03:57
GUEST11570 Gday,

Thinking about coming down from Beijing to Shanghai way with the goal of looking for a wave. I'm here until June, if anyone is keen for a random visitor and can show me a wave or two, please drop me a line at live.com.au|mullan

Take it easy!

J
May 14, 2010 04:48
GUEST94178 surfing in China is possible and not only in Hainan, i live in Fuzhou and get some quite surf sessions sometimes in Northern Fujian... if you come around, drop me an email at renanlore at hotmail dot com. I ll be happy to share the waves here, as i m always alone at the line up :-)
Apr 22, 2011 11:22
GUEST13222 I live in shanghai. I've surf in hainan shimay wan. it was good wave was 2,5 -3 meters hight. And i go surfin to Zhujiajian Island it's around 300km from shangai. waves was 1,5-2 meters. If any some one know good surf spot near Shanghai. please mail me)) bk.ru|ivanov_co
May 7, 2011 12:56
GUEST43135 i am going to be in china june - july anything happening at that time
also what are house's costing along coast area or with in drive time to cast?
might want to move there
eddy bates
May 7, 2011 12:58
GUEST43135 any chance of get a house with in drive og any good right piont breaks
thinking of moving to china
thanks eddy bates
May 7, 2011 13:02
GUEST43135 hi
i am going over to ivsit a girl i fell in love with and am thinking maybe of moving there
what do you think of surfing year round in china?
would like to know what you think if that is ok
eddy bates
May 8, 2011 21:06
GUESTHAITAO So yes Qingdao has waves (I surfed them - season is April to October, nothing big though) and some surfers (maybe 10 all together, seldom more than 4 people in the water at the same time and we need to call one another for this to happen). Hangzhou has no surf, it is a joke exhibition and no one from the public is allowed to surf the bore. On the cost out of Ningbo there are maybe small islands with waves sometimes I've been told. Then you have the whole cost from Xiamen to Hong Kong (I now surf in Shantou where I live) and then Hainan where you can find most surfers right now (and probably best waves year around). A good site would be wannasurf.com when it's up, with a quite long list of places to surf (and eventually buddies to find.
Jun 20, 2011 12:02
GUESTGUS Hi there folks
i had a good surf trip in xichong beach, it is in shenzhen, in main land 50 minuts from hong kong.
There is some surfboards to rent there, and it will be best in winter
Sep 18, 2011 01:51
GUEST73218 Qingdao has waves from April to October and a community of about 10 surfers...
Jan 7, 2012 01:53
GUEST83238 Hainan is not the best place to surf in china...if you say that then obviously you have not been surfing in China long enough. We been surfing China for over 25 years. Hainan is so overrated. Taiwan gets epic surf and has a few secret spots that just a few locals know. Yeah Zhuhai, Dalian, Shanghai all have surf. There are MANY other secret spots. If you really want good waves go find them yourself instead of asking online. There are empty stand-up barrels you can get. Make it an adventure. That's what surfing was supposed to be about. We spent years of our time travelling and searching and what spoils it is when you see idiots (local kooks or foreigners) post the wave online and then give a map how to get there...There is one wave in China that just barrels like old-Kirra. (hint 7-8 hours by bus from Hong Kong border)...you can go find it...and surf perfect empty waves.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Surfing in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code