Menu
Z-Visa application - Fortunecom ?
Aug 17, 2008 00:29
guest07472 Hey,

I currently want to apply for a working permit and Z-Visa, but it seems that it is not that easy as I thought.
The problem is, that I don’t have the 2 years working experience, they require. I graduated this July, but with an internship contract, I have already been working in Beijing on this position for 1.5 years.

I have three questions:
1: Has anybody been in a similar situation and successfully applied for a Z-Visa?
2: Has anybody made some experience with a visa agency called Fortunecom?

Best regards
Tom
Aug 17, 2008 11:10
  • APAULT
New graduates can be employed as 'foreign experts' teaching English, so the 2 year rule does not apply there. Where are you applying for the Z visa? It cannot normally be applied for in mainland China, but if that is what u r trying and during the visa restrictions being imposed in the Olympics period, these might be the real cause of your problems. I do not know that agency.
Aug 18, 2008 00:54
GUESTGUEST07472 Hey,

thanks for your reply.

With the help of my company I am trying to apply the working permit and Z-visa.
I am currently in Beijing but if necessary I would apply from my home country (Germany).

Do you think this requirement of the 2 years working experience is handled more strict during the Olympics?

I won't be employed as a teacher, so I am really worrying that I have to change all my plans due to this 2-year requirement...

Greetz
Tom
Aug 18, 2008 04:11
  • APAULT
It is normally impossible to get the Z visa from within China so we head down to HK in cases like yours. (tho S Korea etc should also be possible). However, at the moment this is not working, people are being told to go to their home country (and many will simply say 'stuff China' and not return). If your current visa lasts until after the parlympics (ending about 21st September I think) then you might be able to get it 'locally' as we did before.

I don't know what the answer is to the 2 years experience requirement. I know there is a list of occupations which they are encouraging foreign experts, is your skill on this list? if not can you change the title to fit it? It might help. Perhaps it is a rule which is interpreted and applied differently in various offices (VERY common). If there is a possibility to do so, have the employer try a different office. I assume that your employer has the certificate entitling them to employ foreigners as without it you cannot get the visa anyway. If all else fails, after the paralympics, you should be able to get an F visa on which many people work (though it is not intended as a work visa, it is often accepted as one!). Then if all else is ok, apply for a Z visa when you meet their requirement..

I hpe someone with more specific knowledge can help you, but remember what I said earlier, rules are not applied consistently, so you can never be certain of an outcome.
Post a Reply to: Z-Visa application - Fortunecom ?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code